The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Osman, Lloyd, Jorgen, Steve for the kind words.
Beyond that it's another case where getting the insightful opinion of the great contributors here is very valuable... my favorite was the last one posted (thumbnail) but it's more "dead" i guess. Of course larger format are always a bit different. Well i'll printed both and see what's happening :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Its snowing. The wind is howling. It's dreary. Time for a little Color..
Nikon Stuff:)
Steve, all these very lively and well processed. If the first one had a bit less of the Glamour filter on the chair i would have hit you with a William Eggleston (i love most of his work, not only as a pioneer in colour photography) comment.

That said, the last one is a real eye candy!

:thumbs:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Corlan:Terrific shot. Big space, well seen.

shtarka1: I really like the chair. It might be dreary, but you've found the antidote.

And this is with the lensbaby (again) with a 10X mag lens screwed into it. I'm thinking it might be time to break down and actually buy a macro lens. :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks C! How bout any of these with regards to William Egg..
ok Steve, i'll chery pick the second one then.
And maybe the third altogether :)

Corlan:Terrific shot. Big space, well seen.

shtarka1: I really like the chair. It might be dreary, but you've found the antidote.

And this is with the lensbaby (again) with a 10X mag lens screwed into it. I'm thinking it might be time to break down and actually buy a macro lens. :D
Thanks Tim.
In some way this is a large scale variation on your "pond shots", since it's just from the grounds down hill the property ;)

Is the 60 macro (D or G) not supposed to be a combo made in heaven for the D2X? :rolleyes: Would bet it will finely suit your work in delicate, subtle still clean tones and textures...

(the watch is again in this category btw)

etrigan63

Ren Fest Time! I took my photography class this year so they could all experience the wonder that is a Renaissance Festival.

Some favorites:

The Green Man

Fairy Flirting

Spaniards Striking Poses

Sir William

Fun with Pirates

Preparing for Chess

Real Men's Chess

Bread vs. Spear

Black Queen is Pensive

The Black King

More at http://photos/echenique.com/renfest2010

m_driscoll

This old tree did not care that much, though.

- Old Tree, Up -

D700 - 105mm

The whole scene, with the 50mm:

- The Tree and the Mast -

(click)
Corlan: I'm a little late; but, +1 for the first one. I like the tonality and the abstractness of it.

It was a different bear then the earlier set. We saw a lot of bears.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Edit: I can see what you like about the third photo. Printed larger, the relationship of the mast and the tree would be visually very compelling.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Steve: Great stuff. I like that you didn't level the horizon in the first. Nice "eye candy" and interesting people. The boy in the stroller's expression is marvelous. Don't forget to vote tomorrow!

TRsmith: Nice detail and light on the watch.

Etrigan63: Fun photos of the renaissance fair. I like "Fairy Flirting".

Cheers,

shtarka1

Steve, your lollipop image is completely phenomenal.
Have you tried to print it big ?
Thank you very much Steen! I have not printed it large because i am currently trying to get into "Lloyd" type condition for cycling season this spring! I shall not be tempted!:D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: I'm a little late; but, +1 for the first one. I like the tonality and the abstractness of it.

It was a different bear then the earlier set. We saw a lot of bears.

Cheers,

Edit: I can see what you like about the third photo. Printed larger, the relationship of the mast and the tree would be visually very compelling.
Thanks for your comment, Matt. Much appreciated.

This last bear series has a special quality to it, really. Maybe the light was even better, too. I kinda misunderstood in the first place and was quite amazed it would simply be a matter of PP discrepancy.

Seconding the fellows here, your ongoing street series is quite worthy of selecting the top shots for a photographic documents on Seattle's Market area people and life in the early years of the third millenium :)

P.S. Steve- you're obviously such a reasonnable person...
:D

m_driscoll

Steve/Lloyd/Corlan: Thanks for commenting.

Lloyd: Only one camera at a time. Don't need one for color and one for B & W anymore.

Corlan: You're welcome. The "bear" trip was seven days. Three of which were in the Khutzeymateen photographing bears. Northern BC weather, different light, and different bears every day. Not to mention the inconsistent human behind the camera.

TRSmith: Nice photo. Had to look close. Leaning into his work. You can almost hear the file on the saw blade.

Cheers,