The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve and Lloyd.
I even do colors .-)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm • 1/20 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

m_driscoll

Steen: Beautiful photos - both the B & W's and color. The transitions in light on the stone paving works very well at drawing the eye through the photo. The white-washed half timbers make a nice composition with the dark windows (monochromatic Mondrian). Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
These are georgeous, Steve.
You're indeed a master at this type of processing, and the last portrait is especially outstanding.

Though being well aware that you and a other contributors more here are die hard Leica fans, one can't help but thinking that with this kind of lens and the appropriate PP, beside the form factor the whole thing plays easily into often-considered-as-exclusive black and white, red dot territory (and more on some aspects). And this also goes for some other examples from Matt, Lloyd etc.... once again, if proof needed, in most instances it's all about the photographer.

Another great addition to your series anyway :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steen: Beautiful photos - both the B & W's and color. The transitions in light on the stone paving works very well at drawing the eye through the photo. The white-washed half timbers make a nice composition with the dark windows (monochromatic Mondrian). Cheers.
+1

With a special mention to the subtle transition from monochrome to colors in the full spectrum one.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Corlan, thank you all for your kind words.

And Steve, your black and white work is sparkling as usual.

I'd better pick something colorful, here's a Where's Wally type thing :)

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

shtarka1

These are georgeous, Steve.
You're indeed a master at this type of processing, and the last portrait is especially outstanding.

Though being well aware that you and a other contributors more here are die hard Leica fans, one can't help but thinking that with this kind of lens and the appropriate PP, beside the form factor the whole thing plays easily into often-considered-as-exclusive black and white, red dot territory (and more on some aspects). And this also goes for some other examples from Matt, Lloyd etc.... once again, if proof needed, in most instances it's all about the photographer.

Another great addition to your series anyway :thumbup:
Corlan, I sincerely Thank You for the Kind & Thoughtful Words! There is an Abundance of Talent Here & I am Always Thirsting to Learn More from All Of You!!!

Thanks Steen! Love the Color & Amazing IQ on "Where's Wally"!

Lloyd

I'd better pick something colorful, here's a Where's Wally type thing :)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/center]
Steen! That image is just beautiful to behold. Gorgeous color, and such wonderful IQ. Extra nice!

J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Steen, the Where's Wally pouporri shot is remarkable. I keep going back to look at it over and over. One could spend a half hour just exploring the intracacies of texture and juxtapositional color. To me, this is beautifully composed and executed shot of an intriguing subject. Great job!
John A.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks a lot, Steve, Lloyd and John !
Here's a part of the ship decoration at close range.
And lets not forget to say cheers to the brave captain who emptied all the bottles. I hope to get a picture of him some day.

click for larger size (4.1 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
The logging saga continues. The band saw blade on the woodmill has been removed and is being sharpened to start fresh on this 24 footer tomorrow.

Lloyd

The logging saga continues. The band saw blade on the woodmill has been removed and is being sharpened to start fresh on this 24 footer tomorrow.
This activity has all the earmarks of actual work, Tim. Something the majority of us here have only a passing familiarity with, I'm afraid. Thanks for sharing and enlightening. ;)

(I really like the perspective of that first shot. Nicely done.)