The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Matt, I too like many aspects of both images. If you could take the "Whites in # 2 & incorporate them into the first shot, i think that would do it for me. The clouds pop more in # 2. Other than that....Breathtaking photo's!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

p.p.s. I know this kind of thing is maybe not the focus of a forum, but it's been pretty absorbing and I'm finding the process fascinating. If you get tired of these shots, just let me know! :eek:
Tim- great story and impressive work. Can't wait to see what's next. No way we'd get tired, on the contrary thanks for sharing. And, well, let's face it... you have to keep your hands occupied before winter gives the pond's life -for sure- quite a welcomed break! ;) :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Not many photos from me lately. Things are still a bit upside down, and my father is still in hospital, so that's where I spend most of my time as well.

Here's one from Singapore 2 weeks ago (I think).
Jorgen, it's good to have some news. Hopefully things are getting at least a bit better for your father. One thing for sure, he is lucky to have you around, so close. Our best wishes to the two of you.

And btw, both the photo and the title are great. :)

i will have a lot to catch up on when I get back. We just got to Laos, but here are a few from Cambodia... Be kind, these are pretty much right out of the camera. No PS :-D

Hope everyone is well! Love it here!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I like the CD sales table. Exactly what comes to mind when I think of that part of the world (never been there myself).

m_driscoll

The little building you see in the background is my house. It was originally built a few towns away as a timber framed Town Office and Post Office. That building and another (the barn that sometimes appears in these shots) were moved to the property in the 70s and 80s. We're planning an addition to the house and it too will be timber framed. The 26 footers will span the opening to keep the room free of support posts. Cookie (the guy sitting on the tractor) is also planning a small timber frame building so we're cutting to specific plans. Almost all the boards that result from the cutting of the timbers, and there are a lot, will be sold to cover the costs of the operation. In the end, the only investment will be our time.

p.s. Thanks for the positive comments gents!

p.p.s. I know this kind of thing is maybe not the focus of a forum, but it's been pretty absorbing and I'm finding the process fascinating. If you get tired of these shots, just let me know! :eek:
Tim: Keep posting. And, I want to see the construction photos. Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Not many photos from me lately. Things are still a bit upside down, and my father is still in hospital, so that's where I spend most of my time as well.
Here's one from Singapore 2 weeks ago (I think).
Jorgen: Nice photo. Take care of your father. Wishing the best.

Matt, I too like many aspects of both images. If you could take the "Whites in # 2 & incorporate them into the first shot, i think that would do it for me. The clouds pop more in # 2. Other than that....Breathtaking photo's!
Steve: Thanks for the advice. I'll try reworking them with your and Lloyd's comments.

Jason, last 3 are Super! Have a Great Trip & Keep Posting!
Jason: +1. Look forward to more posts. That first one is very interesting.

wow, print it big :)
Tim: +1. That's a very cool shot.

surf's up--Mavericks today
Fultonpics: Great capture! Where's that at and what lens did you use. I thought at first that it was an Olympic Snow Boarder at Cypress Mtn. in BC.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

T

tetsrfun

The little building you see in the background is my house. It was originally built a few towns away as a timber framed Town Office and Post Office. That building and another (the barn that sometimes appears in these shots) were moved to the property in the 70s and 80s. We're planning an addition to the house and it too will be timber framed. The 26 footers will span the opening to keep the room free of support posts. Cookie (the guy sitting on the tractor) is also planning a small timber frame building so we're cutting to specific plans. Almost all the boards that result from the cutting of the timbers, and there are a lot, will be sold to cover the costs of the operation. In the end, the only investment will be our time.

p.s. Thanks for the positive comments gents!

Thanks for the info...I didn't know a timber frame from an A-frame until having one built in 2000. Recycled 100 yo old growth was used. I got an appreciation for "real" wooden beams...I think our largest was 16" X 12" x 18'.

Steve