The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Stuart Richardson

Amazing wave shots, Fultonpics!

There was a big aurora tonight, though it was mostly cloudy here. Too bad it was not clear, because it looked like the entire sky behind the clouds was green.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
roger

i wish i was on a pier or wall--less of a (excuse me) barf-fest. the break is pretty far offshore, so you need to be on a jet ski or boat. it was the roughest trip out there in years. i shot a 400 2.8 which is pretty heavy and since we were moving around a challenge to keep straight. maybe you saw the press--the organizers aren't the brightest lights and set up their tent on the beach (rocks). that drew a bunch of spectators--well there is a big wall (as in rock cliff) right behind them, so of course a few large waves came in and knocked them over--broken legs, bloody faces...real nice.
glad i was far offshore.
Thanks for the details . We have a pier that goes out maybe 100yards out...its far enough that I can get behind the waves ..but the largest waves I have seen were probably about 15ft . But I can get really close and no boat. :D

D

Devon Shaw

Amazing wave shots, Fultonpics!

There was a big aurora tonight, though it was mostly cloudy here. Too bad it was not clear, because it looked like the entire sky behind the clouds was green.

Nice photographs Stuart. I think that the cloudy sky actually adds to the images. Particularly in the last two. I hope i get to see skies like that someday.

Lloyd

So many beautiful shots from all of you that I could barely find time to shoot from viewing your shots in awe... At last I took my D700 and 70-200/2.8 on a boat trip along the Bosphorus. This time I configured the camera so that I ended up with in-camera b+w jpegs as well.
I would like to present a few examples; comments and criticisms are most welcome...
Best regards,
Osman
Great images, Osman. I really like that one of the couple embracing. The clarity of the boat in the first is quite impressive as well.

APY_JR

Thanks Lloyd & Shtarka1!

Mr. Fulton... awesome shots.. love the Pebble Beach image!

Stuart... very cool!

Osman... what a beautiful series!

Jorgen... "you the man":)

David... really really nice image!

and TR... that's wonderful wood:)

Albert

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
+ 1 ... thanks for saying it, Albert ... and it goes for your own Kodak 14NX captures as well !

Phew, ain't easy to keep up with all the spectacular shots posted here ... :)