The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Is that Mimi, Lloyd? That is some Gorgeous IQ! What a Knock Out Combo!!!
Thanks Corlan and Steve. No, not Mimi. Although in past years she has raced here (and won), this year she was actually helping me photograph the event. I'll post a couple of her shots later.

leif e

I haven´t been in here for a long time, living the life of the Leica-only-man :D for a while.

So; have to say this now: Jorgen, my sincere wishes for your father´s recovery!
leif e

Lloyd

Not the best light for a morning trip to the Bryce Canyon rim, overcast with occasional sun, but still ok. This shot from Sunset Point.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 38mm F10:

Lloyd

This certainly can't compete with Bryce Canyon, but we still have lots of left over snow here :D
Nice snowman. Nice shots. What's funny is that in the Salt Lake area we have no snow left at all. Just 20 minutes from me (at Alta) they have a 90+ base, and more on the way over the next three days. We just have rain (not that I mind!).

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nice shots, Lloyd.
How was the drive up there?

Went there last time in Jan 03 just after a snow storm, took a all day round trip from our base camp normally a couple of hours away. Got stuck a couple of times on the way, quite an experience and beautiful sight -we were well alone all the time- but a tough one nevertheless. Hope yours was easier :)

Lloyd

Ok, last one of these for now. Like I've said, I'm not really a fan of HDR, but decided to try a "Single-image HDR" here. Not too bad, I guess.

D

Devon Shaw

Ok, last one of these for now. Like I've said, I'm not really a fan of HDR, but decided to try a "Single-image HDR" here. Not too bad, I guess.

I like this. I think I prefer it to the other version of this shot you have. Nice job.

Stuart Richardson

Yes, lovely work Lloyd! The colors in the canyon are amazing.

We had one of the biggest auroras I have ever seen two nights ago. I had a feeling it might be big, since it had been active for the last few nights -- the weather looked like it would be good, so I drove out of town and made a night of it. I am very glad I did.
There are too many photos to post here, and it is a flash site, so I cannot hotlink the images, but here is a link to a number of photos:

http://www.stuartrichardson.com/lightroom/snaefellsnes-aurora-2-10/

They were all taken with a D3 and either a 50mm f/1.4 Summilux R or a 17-35 f/2.8

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I just watched the slideshow, Stuart. Completely fantastic aurora series.
I have never seen the phenomenon in real life but I believe this series makes a great illustration of what it's actually like.
You can almost sense the aurora curtains waving back and forth.

Lloyd, your Bryce Canyon pictures are so beautiful ! I think I prefer the good old natural post processed version.

Scott. Fun snowman shots :)
It is still snowing here in Denmark. Luckily we are less than two weeks from the first formal date of spring ... :rolleyes:
Here's my illustration, a snowwoman.

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/5000 sec. at f/1.4 ISO 200 • Capture NX