The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Thanks, Lloyd!

As a side note kinda question.. how do you pick between your Nikon and Leica kits. I've been suffering from a mean and serious Leica lust lately! You do wonderful work with each one!

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd!

As a side note kinda question.. how do you pick between your Nikon and Leica kits. I've been suffering from a mean and serious Leica lust lately! You do wonderful work with each one!
Thanks Jason, I appreciate that. Honestly, I'm all Leica at heart. I've been shooting Leica since 1968, and other than my mother's Brownie, it was the only camera I knew growing up. My father bought his new in Germany in 1946, and it was what we had at home. (BTW, I still have and use my Dad's camera.)

I do really like my Nikon... and LOVE some things about it (I've been shooting Nikon since 1973), and the choice of which to use when these days really has to do with my subject. If my primary subject matter really calls for longer glass, auto focus, and higher frame rates, and/or low light capability, I go for the Nikon. This past weekend, at Bryce Canyon for example, my primary subject was a cross-country ski race, so I opted for the Nikon, and used it for my landscape shots in the National Park as well (last year at this same event, I took both kits). For about anything else, I tend to opt for the Leica.

Lloyd,

It was a harrowing place. We visited the Killing Fields and S-21. S-21 is the prison that they kept everyone before marching them 10 KM down the road. It was formerly a high school. Both were harrowing places.

I shot with an old M3 as a kid along with my Minolta kit. I will have a digital M, it's just a matter of when. But for right now, my Nikon works wonderfully and I feel like I'm re-learning to shoot since I bought the CZ 21 2.8 It has me thinking more about the shot itself instead of the spraying and praying that auto focus and 8 fps can get you into doing.

The first shot was with my old 35-70 2.8 that I love. All the sharpness of my 28-70 with half the weight and size. Great for travel and most street. The second shot was with my CZ 21. I was torn for ages between the CZ and the 14-24. For practicality's sake, I went with the CZ and I'm glad I did.

leif e

It has been rather shocking, Leif... at least on the men's side. My Swedish neighbor has her flag out, and has been celebrating all week.
And biathlon? :eek: :deadhorse:The Nation´s foundations are begging for mercy.:D:D
(I lived in Sweden for my first four years, spoke Swedish before Norwegian; it´s always good to have a second place to lean on).:D
leif e

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The Mt Hood & Columbia River wind farms post sunset with the almost unbelievable colour of approaching night.

D3x, 200-400VR

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow, spectacular lighting, Graham.

Copenhagen right now. Luckily we are now only one week from the first month of spring ... :rolleyes:

click for larger size (4.1 Mb)

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

otumay

While touring the old city, I came across this guy in a derelict building. I hope this shot conveys the obvious mistrust in his(?) eyes...
D700 and Nikkor 24-70/2.8.
Best,
Osman