The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

That's indeed a huge step beyond.
Nice images.

And Lloyd, i missed your music hall series on the last page -probably browsing too fast when returning on the thread after some time away. Or maybe i got carried away bu Steen's artsy whimsy mood :)

Those look great, all of them. There's some humanity and compassion in there, can't really define it but the photos conveys the feeling.

The lighthearted moment being my favourite. Nice catch.

(and agreed, the acoustics there are extremely good, if not unsurpassed)
Thank you, Corlan. Much appreciated.

One of these days I will post a color shot again, just not sure when...

Laos- The Commute

OK.. there's some color in here somewhere, right?

Tuk Tuk Blastin'

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Osman/Jason/Steve/Lloyd: Thanks. It's great fun finding these photos , processing, and sharing them. I'll let you guys know if i do a book!

Osman: I'm with you. I try not to look at the forum when I'm at work!

Jason: It was the straight 500mm f/4G-ED VR. Great lens but a little unweildy hand holding it in a zodiac. The Abbott Hotel's a great shot. Also like the two motorbike photos.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great dinner with great friends last night, which we finished just in time to go for another dinner before we all went to a concert. Sometimes, sleep seems irrelevant.

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Great dinner with great friends last night, which we finished just in time to go for another dinner before we all went to a concert. Sometimes, sleep seems irrelevant.

Nice smiles, Jorgen. Sounds like fun.

Two dinners in a row?
Is it me or this one's a tad less in focus than usual? :rolleyes: :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Talking about less-than-perfect focus...

I was setting up shooting the church (with a Zeiss MF lens), when i saw this lot popping up fast around the corner.
Just had time to grab the camera off the tripod so the settings and focus point are a bit off for the purpose. Not a decisive moment but still a fun encounter.

Cultural Hiatus:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice smiles, Jorgen. Sounds like fun.

Two dinners in a row?
Is it me or this one's a tad less in focus than usual? :rolleyes: :D
Out of focus? Nah.... you must be joking. I don't even have a Leica.... ok then; she is actually mostly in focus, but since they are not in the same focus plane, it was almost impossible. It's a grab shot, and it's at ISO 800 and 1/30s, so I'm at the limit of what this camera can do. But I like the mood, so I can live with the shortcomings.

I would love to have 85mm f/2.0 with VR though (or a Pentax with IBIS and a 77mm f/1.8 :eek: ).

Of course we had two dinners. First sukiyaki, then, to get some geographical balance, red, Danish hot dogs (wienerpølser) at an excellent Danish restaurant (Kronborg) here in Pattaya.

Jorgen... the mood is what makes a photo like that great! Over time, when you look at non-production type photography award winners (think PJ type), it's rarely a technically perfect shot. It's all about the mood and emotion providing the viewer with a great deal of empathy for the subjects in the capture. Maybe that's why so many of those shots have been taken with a Leica! :D

Corlan... love the quick grab. Would like to see the intended shot for that set up. Looks like quite a church!

Thanks for the kind words on my earlier shots. It's a cool misting day where all the kids have hit the streets for St. Patrick's day celebrating already. Could provide for some interesting shooting later!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Out of focus? Nah.... you must be joking. I don't even have a Leica.... ok then; she is actually mostly in focus, but since they are not in the same focus plane, it was almost impossible. It's a grab shot, and it's at ISO 800 and 1/30s, so I'm at the limit of what this camera can do. But I like the mood, so I can live with the shortcomings.

I would love to have 85mm f/2.0 with VR though (or a Pentax with IBIS and a 77mm f/1.8 :eek: ).

Of course we had two dinners. First sukiyaki, then, to get some geographical balance, red, Danish hot dogs (wienerpølser) at an excellent Danish restaurant (Kronborg) here in Pattaya.
Of course the mood is great :)
Was teasin' you -following the multi meals remark, more of a private joke but you knew that ;)

Jason thanks. No technical merits here but the moment was fun.
I forgot to second the gang here, your last travel shots are excellent and the last one in color is simply outstanding. Movement, composition, + i really like the subtle hues. A keeper.

shtarka1

Walking down the street yesterday...

The Abbott on Belmont

Love this Jason!

Jorgen, Excellent moment captured with nice tone!
Talking about less-than-perfect focus...

I was setting up shooting the church (with a Zeiss MF lens), when i saw this lot popping up fast around the corner.
Just had time to grab the camera off the tripod so the settings and focus point are a bit off for the purpose. Not a decisive moment but still a fun encounter.

Cultural Hiatus:

Taken a few minutes before, before setting up for the shoot, opposite direction.

Corlan, these 2 are Fabulous Street Shots!

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Nice photo; but, what's she laughing at?

Corlan: I like both shots. The second maybe a little more. You probably wanted the people walking in to the first shot?

Jason: Poker night looks pretty serious. Good B & W and no one's paying attention to you. The dogs are "just plain cute".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: I like both shots. The second maybe a little more. You probably wanted the people walking in to the first shot?
Agreed, the second one is definitely more technically controlled.
To answer your question, well no time to think at the time, what struck me then was the mere contrast between the two groups of three' look and looks which sufficed to make me smile :)

A nearby chocolate shop was showcasing a colorful selection of treats to help dealing with this year's endless winter:

and yes, i brought some back home :eek: