The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Nice. Very nice. If I read it correctly; you were using a Nikon Coolpix S5? Fancy running into musicians at a concert. the guitarist on the bottom looks familiar. Have you photographed him before? Cheers, Matt
Matt,
Fuji S5. I would have problems mounting the 105mm on a Coolpix :)

Yes, I've photographed him before, and probably posted a few photos here. His name is Ad Carabao, leader and one of the original members of the legendary Thai rock band Carabao. The other lead singer, Lek, is the guy with the moustache, posted on the previous page.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, nice set. Like the last one a lot.
Might have a slight preference for the previous colorful one with the same guys (?)... but it may very well be related to the respective available light.

Jason, your girls are way braver than our ol' boy when expecting a snack :) They're very cute as always.

Matt- you're welcome.
Oh yes, these lovely M kits call for serious green. Too bad you had to part with this stupendous glass. But i guess you're ok tele wise with the 500mm :rolleyes:
The dog in the window looks great (though i kinda find chocolates' windows more enticing myself :D). Nice catch!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
... but it may very well be related to the respective available light.
The stage lighting was terrible. To little, and what was there was in some weird shades of green and orange. To make things worse, I moved around among the audience who were all dancing around their tables when they didn't offer me drinks of various quality. A very bumpy ride.

Good concert though. The next one will be at the largest indoor arena in Thailand, with tens of thousands of people. The lighting will obviously be much better, but I don't know what kind of access I have. A D3s would be nice too :p

Lloyd

Matt and Jason, nice dogs all.

Jorgen, terrific concert photos, as usual. Those guys have a lot of character.

Ha! Love the doggie in the window!!

Today, I picked up a Nikkor 35 2.0 AF-D. I'm trying to make my D700 more "streetable".

I went straight to Montrose Harbor...

I need to get out here before dawn, but for now, here's the harsh mid-day sun version

Gone Fishin'

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Love these shots, Jason.

Just when i'm undecided between the 28/2.8 and the 35/2. :confused:
Guess i'll have to get both -thankfully they're affordable enough.

(i'll start with the 28 though, for some reason i've always had an inlcination towards this "lowly" (@Clay Steward) underestimated lens)

Thanks so much! Just looked up when walking the wonder whippets and saw this... I ran to the roof and fired away. Again with the new to me 35 F2 AFD.

Urban Sunset

Accidently shot wide open. I was in a hurry and didn't check! I think it's a keeper!

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks so much! Just looked up when walking the wonder whippets and saw this... I ran to the roof and fired away. Again with the new to me 35 F2 AFD.

Accidently shot wide open. I was in a hurry and didn't check! I think it's a keeper!
Sweet!! :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Matt,
Fuji S5. I would have problems mounting the 105mm on a Coolpix :)

Yes, I've photographed him before, and probably posted a few photos here. His name is Ad Carabao, leader and one of the original members of the legendary Thai rock band Carabao. The other lead singer, Lek, is the guy with the moustache, posted on the previous page.
Jorgen: That makes more sense. I was trying to picture you holding a coolpix up to get the shot. I googled "S5 105mm" and got this: "The Nikon Coolpix S5 zooms over the equivalent of a 35-105mm range". Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com