The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Nice portrait. You can see that he's really in to it! "Sek Loso" is also a great image. Real sweat.

Corlan: Great images. The B&W is very strong with the white background. Where were you photographing? Great gargoyles! Evil vs. man? Thanks for the complement too.

Jason: Another nice shot of Sesame.

Albert: Nice, sweet, moment, well captured.

Lloyd: Beautiful panorama. Can't get it large enough on my laptop. Have to look at it again upstairs on the big screen. The Moab images are tremendous. I was booked for a mountain biking trip there last October. Cancelled it for my daughter's wedding. Priorities (and $).

Carsten/Jorgen/Steen: Interesting dialogue. Thanks.

Carsten: Welcome.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Nice portrait. You can see that he's really in to it! "Sek Loso" is also a great image. Real sweat.
Thanks. Here's from sweat to sweet. These are all from Pattaya International Music Festival. Loso's drummer is from England, thus the word "International" :ROTFL:

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/2.0

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/1.8

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Here's some rust and wood from today. This time with a Nikon. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D700; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 80mm; 1/400s @ f/11; ISO 640

2. D700; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 102mm; 1/500s @ f/11; ISO 640

3. D700; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/500s @ f/9; ISO 640

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Love the switch-from-sweat-to-sweet-shots, Jorgen :D ... Nice wood-and-rust-texture-ship-shots, Matt :thumbup:

Lloyd

Very beautiful, Lloyd. What is the blue colour on the mountain?
Thank you, Jorgen.

The "blue" is actually quite black (although sometimes brownish) under normal conditions. It is called Desert Varnish, and is composed of clay along with iron and manganese oxides. It can be fairly reflective at certain angles, as in this case where it appears to be reflecting the blue in the sky.

Lloyd

Thanks. Here's from sweat to sweet. These are all from Pattaya International Music Festival. Loso's drummer is from England, thus the word "International" :ROTFL:

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/1.8

Jorgen, really enjoying your concert shots. This one stands out for me. Nice.

Lloyd

Jorgen:

Lloyd: Beautiful panorama. Can't get it large enough on my laptop. Have to look at it again upstairs on the big screen. The Moab images are tremendous. I was booked for a mountain biking trip there last October. Cancelled it for my daughter's wedding. Priorities (and $).
Thanks Matt. I hope you like it in the large version. I hope you make it to Moab one day. We've been any number of times... used to make it several times per year, but this was our first trip in about 14 months. My wife was running a half marathon on Saturday as a tune up for next month's Boston Marathon, so we were in town with several thousand of our closest friends. :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, the Westwood is very nice. The kind of warm tones that makes you want to go for a early spring cruise :)

Jorgen, the sweatin' guitarist is super cool. Colors are perfect (another Jorgen+S5+105 stunner) and this amazing focus on what seems to be a fraction of a millimeter of sweat really suits the theme.
Nice to see you had better light than on the previous venue.

Lloyd, beautiful capture of the arch. I think i have somewhere a photo of the place (not exactly the same angle though and probably 35 FL) from the analog days. If i ever want to print a copy, no need to find my old version, i'll go for yours instead ;)

Lloyd

Lloyd, beautiful capture of the arch. I think i have somewhere a photo of the place (not exactly the same angle though and probably 35 FL) from the analog days. If i ever want to print a copy, no need to find my old version, i'll go for yours instead ;)
Thanks Corlan. Anytime.:thumbup:

shtarka1

Imagine a concert where all the 5,000 or 10,000 or whatever in the audience know all the texts, and sing them so loudly that you hardly hear the artist at all. Then it doesn't matter if you like the music or not. It's just life enlarged.

Then, there's this silly, old foreigner, who neither knows the texts nor how to sing, who navigates his way all the way up to the stage to take a photo. Great fun!

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/2.8

Jorgen...Fantastic!
Along the Colorado this morning.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 70mm f8, ISO 200:
Beautiful Color & IQ Lloyd!
Here's some rust and wood from today. This time with a Nikon. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

3. D700; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/500s @ f/9; ISO 640

Love this one Matt!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
"Beautiful Color & IQ Lloyd!"

- - - - -

+ 1 ... a very beautiful morning lighting scenery, Lloyd !

I just posted a comment to the discussion about Auto White Balance, in the "Fun With Sony: Part Two" thread on the Sony board.

This discussion might be of some interest with regards to such early morning light.

Lloyd

"Beautiful Color & IQ Lloyd!"

- - - - -

+ 1 ... a very beautiful morning lighting scenery, Lloyd !

I just posted a comment to the discussion about Auto White Balance, in the "Fun With Sony: Part Two" thread on the Sony board.

This discussion might be of some interest with regards to such early morning light.
Thank you Steen. And thanks for the tip; I'll check that out.