The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Here's the same image with different processing. The photo suffered from soft focus on the women in the middle. My efforts were to rectify that and make her the subject of the photo. The first photo was done my usual way with help from the LR2 adjustment brush. The second photo was taken into LightZone and more massively tweaked. Cheers, Matt.

D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 640

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Here's the same image with different processing. The photo suffered from soft focus on the women in the middle. My efforts were to rectify that and make her the subject of the photo. The first photo was done my usual way with help from the LR2 adjustment brush. The second photo was taken into LightZone and more massively tweaked. Cheers, Matt.

D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 640

Like the "cooking" on this one Matt...:)
Osman: Here's some photos with the 200mm f/2. Really enjoyed your photos using it. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600

2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600

3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600

These shots just Mesmerize me! The Power,Beauty & Grace...Awesome!

Lloyd

These shots just Mesmerize me! The Power,Beauty & Grace...Awesome!
I'll have to second that one. Incredible. :bugeyes:

Steve, those shots of yours from the park are nothing short of ASTONISHING!! Wow... just wow. :clap::clap::clap:

otumay

Matt, your bear series continue to fascinate me, but these are the best of all. You made a beautiful job of conveying the beast's (I mean the bear, not the 200/2) cuteness. Really, this should be what photography is about.
Best,
Osman

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wow, you guys've been active the last 24 hours :shocked:

Forget the thesaurus: great, great photos.

Jason: sorry but i have to say that of one your shots leaves me totally unmoved. I let you guess which is it (hint: it's not the last one :ROTFL:)

Jorgen: despite your nice photos -and i readily agree on the quality of the second one notwithstanding your D80 agony... i definitely don't want to be a accounting consultant. :rolleyes:

Steve, all stunners here. The first and last one are top notch in my book. If not resulting from a crippling crop, the bench shot would make a huge, exhibition grade print. :toocool:

Matt: the three last bear shots are so lifelike. Dunno what you changed in the processing, but it's very complementary to the former posted series. Here, especially in the first two, the bears remind of some hyper realistic paintings (can't put an artist name on it off hand).

Re your other photos' processing, i'm not too keen on the Lightzone version... and there's definitely a lot to say about the superb restaurant/ferry boat shot, but i guess i'm late in the duscussion on that one. Maybe you should keep this as an example in order to indulge us some day with a tutorial of some kind. :angel: Very smooth resullt, without the usual HDR, kinda overcooked look.

shtarka1

Steve, those shots of yours from the park are nothing short of ASTONISHING!! Wow... just wow. :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks A Lot Lloyd!
Wow, you guys've been active the last 24 hours :shocked:

Steve, all stunners here. The first and last one are top notch in my book. If not resulting from a crippling crop, the bench shot would make a huge, exhibition grade print. :toocool:
Aye Carrumba...A Crippling Crop :wtf::cry::toocool::D....Should I Pull It Back A Bit? Thank's C! I Do Appreciate The Help! Lord Knows I Need A Lot Of It!:D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks A Lot Lloyd!

Aye Carrumba...A Crippling Crop :wtf::cry::toocool::D....Should I Pull It Back A Bit? Thank's C! I Do Appreciate The Help! Lord Knows I Need A Lot Of It!:D
Sorry Steve, i guess i've been into too much legal stuff lately (well not a lot, but for me even a small dose of legal seems overwhelming :mad:). OK then, i meant it as "if the framing as posted does not result from a large crop of the original take, therefore not leaving enough pixels to allow a large print".

Or something like that :D :deadhorse:

shtarka1

Sorry Steve, i guess i've been into too much legal stuff lately (well not a lot, but for me even a small dose of legal seems overwhelming :mad:). OK then, i meant it as "if the framing as posted does not result from a large crop of the original take, therefore not leaving enough pixels to allow a large print".

Or something like that :D :deadhorse:
Aha! Gotcha...:salute::grin: Thanks Amigo!

Steve... Wow!! A 300 VR, huh. Fantastic! I see you shots are realize I just need to get out of the house and shoot more!

Matt... how did you get a bear to pose. "right claw, up... lil more.. now your head.. tilt down.. eyes up.. BEAUTIFUL!"

Jørgen... love the lighting on the shots. Was a nice mix of natural light and a couple of strobes??