The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steve... dood... that's just mean. I have a severe case of Leica Lust. That's NOT helping my cause. But beautiful shots!!!

Matt... solid flowers! Well done!

Did a concept shoot with a local author for his soon to be published book. He wanted to capture the Chicago Borad of Trade, which is the building center frame in the back. He also wanted to capture the essence of Chicago, which I think we did alright on.

For the final shoot, I plan on adding a couple of strobes and shoot at dawn as it will highlight the building he wants seen. So these are just available natural light and cropped with the 28-70. The final shot will be using the 105 DC, tripod with bracketing to grab the buildings properly, sky, El train for an HDR type shot. Call it HDR lite? Good idea or keep the same exposure and just shoot the background perfectly exposed and use the diffused strobes to "pop" the subject? I know this version looks heavily processed, cause, well, it is.

Lloyd

Did a concept shoot with a local author for his soon to be published book. He wanted to capture the Chicago Borad of Trade, which is the building center frame in the back. He also wanted to capture the essence of Chicago, which I think we did alright on.

For the final shoot, I plan on adding a couple of strobes and shoot at dawn as it will highlight the building he wants seen. So these are just available natural light and cropped with the 28-70. The final shot will be using the 105 DC, tripod with bracketing to grab the buildings properly, sky, El train for an HDR type shot. Call it HDR lite? Good idea or keep the same exposure and just shoot the background perfectly exposed and use the diffused strobes to "pop" the subject? I know this version looks heavily processed, cause, well, it is.
I think that says "Chicago". I'm interested to see how the final version turns out.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Although eating noodles on a street corner has its charm, and is often more than enough to keep our culinary dreams alive, sometimes, wether we deserve it or not, something more is needed. A peaceful place with the best service, the sweetest smiles and the tastiest food... life simply gets an extra boost.

Casa Pascal in the heart of Pattaya is such a place. Among all the bars, the shopping malls, the Baht buses that go "beep beep" and the sunburned foreign tourists, you will find this oasis of food and smiles, a place to relax and enjoy while the rest of the world becomes irrelevant for a few hours.

Good, isn't it?

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 46mm and f/8

shtarka1

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, very clean shot of Casa Pascal (is it a half spanish/french restaurant?).

Looking forward to see the next shots -maybe they'll show some serious food. No more empty plates and glasses! :p

Talking about which... lot of nice photos recently, but duty, er, dinner calls, first. :eek:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks all. The chef is Swiss, the food French. Food shots are next week, video too. Justed came back after trying out the GH1 at Blues Factory, a very dark club here in Pattaya.

m_driscoll

Although eating noodles on a street corner has its charm, and is often more than enough to keep our culinary dreams alive, sometimes, wether we deserve it or not, something more is needed. A peaceful place with the best service, the sweetest smiles and the tastiest food... life simply gets an extra boost.

Casa Pascal in the heart of Pattaya is such a place. Among all the bars, the shopping malls, the Baht buses that go "beep beep" and the sunburned foreign tourists, you will find this oasis of food and smiles, a place to relax and enjoy while the rest of the world becomes irrelevant for a few hours.

Good, isn't it?

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 46mm and f/8
Jorgen: Yes, it sounds good. Are you writing the ad copy as well as taking beautiful photographs of the place settings?

Thanks Matt. Haven't been in a darkroom since high school when Millard Fillmore was President!;)
Steve: Since college for me!

+1 Extra nice.
Lloyd: Thanks.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Yes, it sounds good. Are you writing the ad copy as well as taking beautiful photographs of the place settings?
... and designing a brochure, and designing plus making the structure for the new website, and suggesting target groups and how to approach them, and... yes, I believe that's me :rolleyes:

As long as I'm allowed to eat the excellent food and flirt with the waitresses, it's a good deal, don't you think :p

m_driscoll

... and designing a brochure, and designing plus making the structure for the new website, and suggesting target groups and how to approach them, and... yes, I believe that's me :rolleyes:

As long as I'm allowed to eat the excellent food and flirt with the waitresses, it's a good deal, don't you think :p
Excellent deal!