The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, stunning indeed. Both the incredible sunrise and the wonderful, modern old-style portrait.
Great job!

m_driscoll

When needed i mainly use Sharpener Pro modules from Nik (settings depending on the printer + intended use), and generally speaking the print files are a bit over sharpened than the general purpose version, especially photos with subjects where some "contrast sharpening" is sometimes useful. For the latter stage one can use a number of solutions, including the original tools in PS.
Print wise the overall difference in results with specialized plug-ins and programs are mostly visible for critical uses such as large prints, products ads and alike. Beside of course, on screen pixel-peeping ;).

Nice photos in the last set btw. I second Lloyd re the lovely painted like reflections... now your next mission is to shoot the same dog, same framing no crop... with a WA. :toocool: :D
Corlan: Same software that i use. Although my use consist of moving the adaptive sharpening sllder back and forth and looking at the loupe. Do you use the presharpener?

Thanks. I won't be back in Prince Rupert until next Spring. If I see him (and there's a good chance); i'll use a WA.

Jason/Osman: Thanks.

Quick question... Does this count as being published? :D

http://gapersblock.com/rearview/archives/2010/04/01/
Jason: Certainly does! Unless you did that front page yourself with Pagemaker (InDesign if you've upgraded)?

Matt....Stop Showing Off! Last 3 Are Ausgetzeichnet, Bellissimo, Bonita, or as we say in Beantown Wicked Good :D!
Steve: Tausend dank. I had to look up "Ausgetzeichnet" and i used to speak German.

rayyan: Both are beautiful images. The portrait is appealingly stylish with that pp..

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Osman. Matt, Shtarka1, Corian, Lloyd..

Thank for taking the time to look at my efforts and providing me with such
encouraging comments.

Much appreciated.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not a photographic masterpiece this, but I just love natural pinks.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/7.1 (No idea why I didn't shoot wide open. Must be the pink.)

It was shot at one of the two annual motor shows in Bangkok. Don't ask me about the cars... please?

Lloyd

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/7.1 (No idea why I didn't shoot wide open. Must be the pink.)

It was shot at one of the two annual motor shows in Bangkok. Don't ask me about the cars... please?
Nice! I love natural pinks too. ;)

m_driscoll

Jorgen: Great pink! They stopped having shows like that here. Just out of curiosity what brand of car was she standing next to? Is that a driving glove?

Cheers, Matt

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Rayyan,
Very powerful photo. I like this a lot.

Matt,
She was at Suzuki motorbikes. There other colours too, but pink was the cutest :)

Some of the shows are spectacular and are performed by very skilled dance and acrobatic groups. The "Pretties" are mostly there as decorations though, but they are making a healthy profit out of it, to finance their university fees, fix a leaking roof or pay for a doctor for their sick grandma or water buffalo. All in the best Thai tradition :)

m_driscoll

Matt,
She was at Suzuki motorbikes. There other colours too, but pink was the cutest :)

Some of the shows are spectacular and are performed by very skilled dance and acrobatic groups. The "Pretties" are mostly there as decorations though, but they are making a healthy profit out of it, to finance their university fees, fix a leaking roof or pay for a doctor for their sick grandma or water buffalo. All in the best Thai tradition :)
Jorgen: Thanks for the information. The "pretties" is an apt description. Gets the guys to the motor show, and as you say pays well, and is safe. Cheers, Matt.