The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

As long as i'm up anyway. Here's some random selections (which i hope i haven't posted before). Prince Rupert, British Columbia. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3; 24-70mm f/2.8; 1/800s @ f/14; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D300; 28mm f/1.4; 1/200s @ f/7.1; ISO 400

3. D300; 24-70mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/4.5; ISO 200

4. D300; 28mm f/1.4; 1/400s @ f/10; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Matt, good afternoon....

Thank you for your kind word.

B.C. One of my favorite places on earth! That and Nova Scotia on the other side!

#2.....What timing. the red on the bg, the leash wheel and the jean patch!

#3...The red railing hit me..hard..what a surprise, beautifully captured.

#4...I just love BW. Devoid of color distractions, one feels the texture, the
closed diner ( bar ? ) demands one to stop, search and look. lovely!

Take care.

Lloyd

Rayyan: Steve took the words right out of my mouth (well, right off my fingertips, at least). Truly National Geographic-worthy. Stunning red, and I love the patina of the wall. Just a gorgeous image.

Matt: More wonderful BC goodness. Love the reds in the color, and the b/w of the last is perfect. These, and your prior BC posts have me very hungry to go back. We spend a lot of time there, but primarily in the Okanagan. Need to get over the coast more.

simonclivehughes

Lloyd,

I'm sure Mike would correct you... he's in Seattle, WA, not BC. You are correct however in that it's just as beautiful here in BC (having lived in Seattle for 9 years).

My wife and I are doing an Okanagan circle route this coming May. I have a trade show in Kelowna and we're taking a couple of days on either side. It is lovely there, and so different than the coast.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Lloyd,

I'm sure Mike would correct you... he's in Seattle, WA, not BC. You are correct however in that it's just as beautiful here in BC (having lived in Seattle for 9 years).

My wife and I are doing an Okanagan circle route this coming May. I have a trade show in Kelowna and we're taking a couple of days on either side. It is lovely there, and so different than the coast.

Cheers,
Thanks Simon. Yes, I know Matt lives/works in Seattle, but he's posted numerous images from his trips to BC, including this recent bunch, which he indicated were taken in Prince Rupert. That is what I was referring to in my post.

I love the Okanagan. We have family there, and often spend part of the summer in Penticton. My wife and I have also done Ironman Canada 5 times each, and we left so much of ourselves there on the roads, that we feel a special kinship to the place. We often travel up to the TransCan, and over to Alberta to visit family. What a spectacular drive... I never tire of that one.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Absolutely wonderful women portraits, Rayyan.
The essence (pun ?) in the B&W is paramount, where the technical subtleties of the color one is a tour de force.
Btw, is it India?

Jorgen: Pink Rules! :thumbs:
(and quite crisp details on the nails)

Matt: nice set again. I'm really keen on the SeaDoll. A Classic. :toocool:

rayyan

Hi Corian,

Thank you for lovely comments. These were in Nepal while my wife was
on her way to Everest base Camp.

Given a choice, I prefer BW; but some scenes just demand color.

Here is the woman's father at their house.

Thank you.

Absolutely wonderful women portraits, Rayyan.
The essence (pun ?) in the B&W is paramount, where the technical subtleties of the color one is a tour de force.
Btw, is it India?

m_driscoll

Matt, good afternoon....

Thank you for your kind word.

B.C. One of my favorite places on earth! That and Nova Scotia on the other side!

#2.....What timing. the red on the bg, the leash wheel and the jean patch!

#3...The red railing hit me..hard..what a surprise, beautifully captured.

#4...I just love BW. Devoid of color distractions, one feels the texture, the
closed diner ( bar ? ) demands one to stop, search and look. lovely!

Take care.
rayyan: Thanks. Sometimes just aimlessly wandering around a place and looking is rewarding. I think the "Seadoll II" is the nameplate off a boat. That's probably a garage. A bar in Prince Rupert would never have to close.

Nice set Matt! These two are Very Cool!
Steve: Thanks. Always value your opinion and it's interesting to see which photos posted (by everybody) that you like.

Matt: More wonderful BC goodness. Love the reds in the color, and the b/w of the last is perfect. These, and your prior BC posts have me very hungry to go back. We spend a lot of time there, but primarily in the Okanagan. Need to get over the coast more.
Lloyd: Thanks. We used to ski in the Okanogan and in the Summer there was always a "seven a side" rugby tournament in Penticton (when I was much younger!). Very different then the coast.

Matt: nice set again. I'm really keen on the SeaDoll. A Classic. :toocool:
Corlan: Thanks. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Hi Corian,

Thank you for lovely comments. These were in Nepal while my wife was
on her way to Everest base Camp.

Given a choice, I prefer BW; but some scenes just demand color.

Here is the woman's father at their house.

Thank you.
rayyan: Again awesome! This photo would sing in B & W; but it's an opera in color. Beautiful detail. He has a confident, no apologies, look that says he's better then just a survivor (his daughter had that look too). "Everest Base Camp" - now there's a story.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks. We used to ski in the Okanogan and in the Summer there was always a "seven a side" rugby tournament in Penticton (when I was much younger!). Very different then the coast.
Different, with its own beauty. Ironically, when you consider the orchards and vineyards that abound in the South Okanagan, that area is called the Canadian Desert. :eek:

Corlan: Thanks. Sometimes you just get lucky.
They say 'it's better to be lucky than good'. But we've seen enough of your work to know that luck has very little to do with it! :cool:

rayyan: Again awesome! This photo would sing in B & W; but it's an opera in color. Beautiful detail. He has a confident, no apologies, look that says he's better then just a survivor (his daughter had that look too). "Everest Base Camp" - now there's a story.
+1 for sure, rayyan. "Awesome" seems entirely apt in this case. And as for the Everest Base Camp, that is a story we'd like to hear!:thumbup:

rayyan

Matt, Lloyd...I am humbled.

Re: Everest Base Camp...she actually reached 6000 mts; 200 mts more.
She was on TV, newpapers, magazines etc.

I shall post pics as we go along.

We are grandparents with an adventurous spirit. She mountain climbing,
hiking, trekking etc...me exploring hotels around the world. The comfier the better:D

Thank you once again to all the forum folk for their kindness.

rayyan

A collage from our Japan diaries. Sorry about the mark; the pic was in a
travel catalog.

Regards.

Lloyd

A collage from our Japan diaries. Sorry about the mark; the pic was in a
travel catalog.

Regards.
Another excellent creation, rayyan.

Looking forward to more, and to details of your interesting travels and adventures.

rayyan

Another excellent creation, rayyan.

Looking forward to more, and to details of your interesting travels and adventures.
Lloyd, thanks for looking. Sure, there are some stories to share about the climb.

Regards.