The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Really nice, Jorgen. Impressive blue.

Pretty kewl how they let you put your copyright on their floor. :D
Nought but a fool I will hint call, that writes his name upon a wall :D

It was a tricky shot indeed. Panorama windows to the left, with a high, slanted ceiling, and no windows to the right with a low, level ceiling. There are four strobes: one three meters above and to the left of the camera to even out the lighting, one low down under the camera with barn doors to iluminate the chairs, one further down on the right side reflected in the ceiling and one on the cabinet in the background.

Half an hour before the restaurant opened for Bunch, the owner found out that it would look better with the table arrangement from the opening days of the restaurant, and had the staff carry out some of the tables and re-arranging the others. After the photo was taken, they had to re-arrange again, since all tables were reserved for the Easter Sunday Brunch. They are a very patient bunch, I can assure you :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Corlan: Beautiful detail, color and compositions. I really like the first two with the "Japanese touch". The DOF on the first photo is perfect. Are you satisfied with the color transients and dynamic range? Dynamic range seems good.

Jorgen: Nicely composed and photographed restaurant shot. Couldn't track down your "Nought but a fool...upon a wall"? Google failed me! Your post did show up in Google already! That's a little scary. Very elegant looking place.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Nicely composed and photographed restaurant shot. Couldn't track down your "Nought but a fool...upon a wall"? Google failed me! Your post did show up in Google already! That's a little scary. Very elegant looking place.

Cheers, Matt.
Wow, that is scary, isn't it? I don't know the origin of the proverb myself. The Norwegian translation, which is in a more modern language, was rather commonly used when I went to high-school, a couple of hundred years ago if I remember correctly. Now, I've got an interesting challenge :)

rayyan

Steve, these are simply lovely. No wonder Matt looked at these pics. and was forced to buy a M7.

I think more Ms are sold due to owners presenting them so beautifully than
the official bumph.

Regards.

Steve: If you would have posted this in the "Analog" forum
where it belongs, I wouldn't have been seduced and ultimately corrupted. I've fallen so low as to being forced to buy a M7 body today! I'm considering counseling.:scry:

Cheers, Matt.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And now: The Dessert

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 29mm and f/4.0

These are the colours straight from the Fuji. Shot RAW, but converted with ACR without any adjustments. Lighting was a large, north facing window from her front/right and a bare, 20W bulb (the modelling light of a small strobe) 45 degrees to her left. Auto WB and relatively long exposure at 1/30s. ISO 800.

Last edited:

shtarka1

Eventualy another perspective, on the macro side:

all from D3X Zeiss 50/2M
Corlan, This Series Is From Another Planet! Inane IQ! Bravo!
Very beautiful, Corlan, all of them.

Here's one more from the restaurant. Food shots are posted on the 4/3 forum, since those that I've made so far are shot with the GH1 and OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 31mm and f/8

Jorgen, Per Usual...Outstanding!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, this is outrageous: you can't have Crêpes Suzette using anything but copperware.
We're talking serious gourmet business here, please. :lecture:

:ROTFL:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, This Series Is From Another Planet! Inane IQ! Bravo!

Thanks Steve -btw in a totally different style your last set on the M thread is splendid. IMHO composition wise those are among your best works.

Thanks Lloyd, Jorgen, Rayyan, Matt, for the kind words.

Matt, disregarding the inevitable, significant jpeg loss for the posted image yes i'm quite satisfied with the and transients & DR. With saturated colors like here the combo really shines with a feast of light.

Did i mention though that the sunny minutes were only a small part of our early spring equation? :rolleyes:

shtarka1

Thanks Steve -btw in a totally different style your last set on the M thread is splendid. IMHO composition wise those are among your best works.

Did i mention though that the sunny minutes were only a small part of our early spring equation? :rolleyes:

Another Sizzling Macro C!
Thanks Very Much For The Overwhelming,Generous,Kind Comment!:salute:

rayyan

Jorgen, Yum Yum..beautiful sweet. Pity my sweetness intake is restricted:cry:

Excellent.

These are the colours straight from the Fuji. Shot RAW, but converted with ACR without any adjustments. Lighting was a large, north facing window from her front/right and a bare, 20W bulb (the modelling light of a small strobe) 45 degrees to her left. Auto WB and relatively long exposure at 1/30s. ISO 800.