The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

The ladder trucks roll whenever there'a an alarm at the Market. Thank for looking. Cheers, Matt

2. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/400s @ f/10; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Like this one with regards to color,framing & the mean looking dude with the greased up biceps!:)
Great portrait. That guy doesn't look like he's approve of the photos I've been taking lately :)
David.....You just drained the batteries out of my pacemaker with these!:thumbs::D

shtarka1

Morning tete a tete.

Regards.
Photojournalism at it's finest!
I thought I would add some Bangkok images.

Although I cannot find the pretty ladies that Jorgen does.

The situation is growing a little tense, I think. These images are from a couple of weeks ago, when it was all a fun event. Well, mainly.

Rubber bullets and teargas today, plus BTS - rail system - closed.

Trying to decide whether I will brave it all tomorrow and try for some more images.

Enjoy.

John

All images - D3X, Nikon 70 - 200mm
Superb set John!!!

rayyan

At my son's wedding recently...

The place of honor has always been and shall always remain for our elders.

Thanks for watching.

Rayran... amazing images. Congratulations on the wedding!! Would love to see more images of it, if you can.

Jørgen and John... stay safe. Sounds like things are heating up a touch.

But Jørgen, when I told my wife about the discounted hotel rates in Bangkok, her eyes opened wide a bit! I'd go back to SE Asia in a heartbeat! Loved it there!

simonclivehughes

Great portrait. That guy doesn't look like he's approve of the photos I've been taking lately :)
David,

Beautiful lighting, beautiful woman, but I have to say I find the crops disturbing, especially the one on the left, cut off mid-calf. (I know that's the correct area to crop rather than at a joint, but it still bothers me!)

The missing elbow on the right-hand image also jars me a bit.

The picture quality, however, is flawless.

(Sorry, I can't seem to get your pictures to show up in this post.)

Cheers,

David K

Workshop Member
Simon, thanks for the kind words and your comments on cropping are well taken. Both of those crops were a result of less than ideal camera placement and the 9x12 aspect ratio that the girls need these to be for their book.

Steve, blame the palpitations on the model not the photographer. I had a few of my own during this shoot :)

Steve... I ride a Cannondale CAAD9. Love it, great for crit racing as it is rock solid. Can dive into a 90 degree turn at 35mph w/o a second thought and a beast in sprints.

But my team is a Trek team and if I ever get up to the 'A' team I will have to get a Madone. But for now....

How about you??

Lloyd

Not much time to be online the past few days, but there has been some marvelous photography posted here lately.

Matt: Always love your 'around Seattle' shots, especially those of Pike's Place Market.
JohnH: Very nice PJ work. Stay safe... you too, Jorgen.
Rayyan: simply amazing work... as ever. You have some very handsome sons.
Congratulations on the wedding as well.
Jason: Nice shots from Mellow Johnny's. BTW, I'm a cyclist (actually, triathlete) myself... currently riding a Cervelo. Great sport.
David K: Oh yeah!!

Anyone I may have missed... great stuff from you too, no doubt!!

m_driscoll

Matt, what a superb capture. brilliant timing and execution. best.
rayyan: Thank you!

David: Great color and IQ. Well, everybody's got to earn a living.

Matt, Once again you prove your versatility by bringing us the common in
a very uncommon and beautiful way. Best.
Rayyan: Thanks again for your gracious words.

Morning tete a tete.
Regards.
Rayyan: Beautiful. I love your "candid" shots like this. They really express life lived.

I thought I would add some Bangkok images.

Although I cannot find the pretty ladies that Jorgen does.

The situation is growing a little tense, I think. These images are from a couple of weeks ago, when it was all a fun event. Well, mainly.

Rubber bullets and teargas today, plus BTS - rail system - closed.

Trying to decide whether I will brave it all tomorrow and try for some more images.

Enjoy.

John

All images - D3X, Nikon 70 - 200mm
John: Nice shots. Be careful. None of us can find the pretty ladies that Jorgen does!

Like this one with regards to color,framing & the mean looking dude with the greased up biceps!:)
Steve: Thanks. Kind of a cross between your mean streets and my clean streets

Of course, my youngest didn't want to be left out of the action too!

Regards.
rayan: Congratulations on your son's wedding. Your boys are very handsome. The warm coloring on the middle photo is great. Nicely done.

And, at least over here, you wouldn't have to pay for the wedding. Your son's wife's family would. I noted that because my daughter got married last September.

Not much exciting here... a couple of pictures of Trek Highland Park grand re-opening
Jason: Looks like fun. I like the group shot. Are they roadies or mountain bikers? "Mellow Johnny's"? Has Lance moved up from Texas?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com