The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Got another Opening Day shot...

She claims to be a classically trained dancer... I'm wondering what classics she's refering to :D

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, love the market shots.
I particularly like the last one, makes you raving about living by the ocean... well Seattle sounds especially good fish wise.

Btw, still doesn't rain too much over there, or is it? :confused: :D

Rayyan - great train shot! Did the driver let you shoot from inside the cabin?

Jason- classic opening day shots. Even, classics :thumbup:

Steve, you should stop teasing us with all those sensational lenses. Having said that, good thing you don't need your Noct anymore. Just send it my way for a fair price (a song, you said :rolleyes:). Quite a creative perspective on the guitar here. Sounds like Forrest G. took it while explainin' his tree swinging technique to lovely Jenny, after snatching Elvis' six-string. :toocool:

(probably my favorite movie)

Last edited:

rayyan

Another fish monger photo. And now for something completely different: geese. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3; 14-24mm f/2.8; 1/80s @ f/4.5 +1/3 EV; ISO 400

Matt, once again you demonstrate the feel of the market place.

2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/160s @ f/11 +1/3 EV; ISO 800

that is one serious bird and one serious lens. I wonder though if it
is wildlife? :D

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
The D3 is in excellent hands.

shtarka1

Steve, you should stop teasing us with all those sensational lenses. Having said that, good thing you don't need your Noct anymore. Just send it my way for a fair price (a song, you said :rolleyes:). Quite a creative perspective on the guitar here. Sounds like Forrest G. took it while explainin' his tree swinging technique to lovely Jenny, after snatching Elvis' six-string. :toocool:

(probably my favorite movie)

Lol Corlan! I need some time away from work to shoot more with it! I'll send you the 58mm 1.2 ais Noct in Excellent Condition, for your D3X?!:D;):ROTFL: Run Forrest...Run!:)

m_driscoll

Last one at B&H on Sunday by phone!
Here's the kicker...still paying off the Noct & said i wouldnt make another purchase till i did! I got it Bad!
Matt, i got lucky i guess scoring one so soon. I look at it this way, I saved 4500 by not buying the Leica version.....Yet! Thanks.
Steve: Funny, that's how i look at these things too.

This guy is a Bad Dude! I bet he Demands Freshness At All Times! Love it!
Steve: I suppose i should occasionally buy some fish from him. When i was flying to Munich once a month, I'd take over a big box of fish every time (pre 9/11 and TSA). Sometimes from this place and sometimes from the flying fish market by the pig.

Awesome... both of them.
Lloyd: Thanks. You all must be headed off to Boston soon?

I LOVE the geese shot! And great market shot. I wish we had markets like that hear in Chicago. There's supposed to be a new one that I might have to check out.
Great stuff!
Jason: Thanks. I would have thought that there'd be an old one in Chicago?

Got another Opening Day shot...
She claims to be a classically trained dancer... I'm wondering what classics she's refering to
Jason: OK.

Matt, love the market shots.
I particularly like the last one, makes you raving about living by the ocean... well Seattle sounds especially good fish wise.
Btw, still doesn't rain too much over there, or is it?
Corlan: Thanks. Some of it is of course flown in (lobster/mahi mahi/etc.). Today it's rained, sun comes out, rains, sun comes out, rains... You get the idea.

The D3 is in excellent hands.
Rayyan: Thank you. Those are wild geese. They were in transit for sunnier climes. Not too friendly either.

Story of my life...always looking the other side!

Regards.
rayyan: Great captures. It's really fascinating to see everybody looking so intensely in one direction. The second shot's really nice with the wet paving, the yellow raincoat, and the women leaving stage left. BTW did you see the lens in the Analog M thread?

Jason: 2 x's OK! OK! OK! OK! OK!

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayran... that is awesome. Can you give more background behind it?
Jason: thanks for your comments:

For background...I was having some construction works done on my house.
The contractor had staff members from the AfPak region. Got to know them
well during the time they were at work.

This is from a series I made of them. No flash. Just room lighting and
modified in ps with the lighting filter. He dressed up for the shoot, i provided
the tea!

D700; zf 35/2; tripod.

Simple.

Regards.

rayyan

-----
rayyan: Great captures. It's really fascinating to see everybody looking so intensely in one direction. The second shot's really nice with the wet paving, the yellow raincoat, and the women leaving stage left. BTW did you see the lens in the Analog M thread?
Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. yes I have looked at the lens and the M7. I think both should be ' X ' rated.

My heartfelt congrats for the acquisition and may you enjoy it in good health.

Regards.

I love your world! My wife is convinced that she's middle eastern in a past life. It's by far her favorite part of the world. A couple of her favorite trips have been to Yemen and Jordan as well as Ethiopia. Plus, she has a soft spot for camels.

Where are those last three taken?

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt. yes I have looked at the lens and the M7. I think both should be ' X ' rated.
My heartfelt congrats for the acquisition and may you enjoy it in good health. Regards.
rayan: thank you. tomorrow, i'll get the processed film back and see if I remembered how to shoot with film. Nothing like digital for instant feedback.

My desert...my home:

Welcome to my world.
rayyan: These are truly extraordinary. From the currency you mentioned earlier, I'm guessing that you're from the UAE and this is the Rub Al Khali. It's a polar contrast to the photo that you posted "from your home" of a snow capped mountain range and lush looking forest. You are certainly a unique man of many parts! My old toyota Landcruiser only got wet and muddy.

Cheers, Matt