The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hey Steen, looks like you forgot you macro gear - no sweat, i got your back there :toocool: :p
Thanks Corlan, I just knew I could count on you and your macro guns :D

Don't know if it's exactly the same flower species but definitely some wonderful ZF 50 Makro shots !

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks for the close-up shot, Steen. They look like catsear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catsear).

I shoot them. Though I have never ever seen them in such abundance! I need to keep Croatia in the list.:)
I think you are right, Vivek. They do look more like Catsear than Dandelion. Thank you for clearing up this.
Your Visible & UV portraits of the plant are excellent and fascinating.

I just watched the slideshow of your UV pics.
Despite not being an IR / UV enthusiast myself I need to admit that you are certainly achieving some capturing results with your surreal approach.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivek-iyer/sets/72157600151220643/
Highly recommended !

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan, I just knew I could count on you and your macro guns :D

Don't know if it's exactly the same flower species but definitely some wonderful ZF 50 Makro shots !
I'm pretty certain they're.. not :eek: they just reminded me enough of those shot a couple of days ago, and an opportunity for a wink.

Thanks for the kind appreciation, to you and Steve, Alex, Matt :)

Corlan: Thank you for your comments! These macros are sensational. There's something joyful about looking at something that closely. Maybe it's the sense of discovery; seeing something normally hidden. Maybe, I'm just weird.

Cheers, Matt
See what you mean. Macros can be compelling, sometimes as in joyful sometimes more intriguing. It's a nice exercise from time to time. :)

200VR:)
Steve, which film did you use on this one?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Guys, I can't really comment on every post so I just say - all pics are very good! (...)
+1 !! ... phew, it's not easy to keep pace with all the fabulous images posted here every day ...

but my sincere kudos
to Steve, shtarka1, for the portraiture of the little girl and others
to Corlan for the flower macros
to Vivek for the flower portraits, visible and as well as UV
to rayyan for the grandma kiss, and your images from the desert to the snowy mountains
to Matt, m_driscoll, for the market, the flowers, the sign, and the bears
to Tom, t_streng, for the portraiture of the little girl
to Lloyd for the jogging teams
to Aboudd for the Spring flowers and leaves
to JohnH for the blue tongue lizard
to Carsten for the splendid portraits
to Jason Muelver for the strictly classically trained dancer
and many, many, many more ...

and by the way, Jorgen, how is your situation in Bangkok for the moment, hope you are ok ... ?

/Steen

Lloyd

+1 !! ... phew, it's not easy to keep pace with all the fabulous images posted here every day ...

but my sincere kudos
to Steve, shtarka1, for the portraiture of the little girl and others
to Corlan for the flower macros
to Vivek for the flower portraits, visible and as well as UV
to rayyan for the grandma kiss, and your images from the desert to the snowy mountains
to Matt, m_driscoll, for the market, the flowers, the sign, and the bears
to Tom, t_streng, for the portraiture of the little girl
to Lloyd for the jogging teams
to Aboudd for the Spring flowers and leaves
to JohnH for the blue tongue lizard
to Carsten for the splendid portraits
to Jason Muelver for the strictly classically trained dancer
and many, many, many more ...

and by the way, Jorgen, how is your situation in Bangkok for the moment, hope you are ok ... ?

/Steen
I'll second the sentiments here, Steen. :thumbup: (and thank you, btw) I've been up to my eyeballs in alligators the past two weeks, and it's been tough to keep up. All I know is that it's an honor to "hang around" with such a group of talented (and very inspirational) photographers... Truly!! :salute:

Lloyd

One I was thrilled to get last Monday. Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot smashes the course record at the Boston Marathon.

D3, 70-200 VRII:

Lloyd

The Boston Marathon Women's Finish. After 26.2 miles, it came down to a two-second margin of victory.

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII: