The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Here is a Taraxacum officinale/Dandelion (UV) portrait. There are many "Dandelions" and different varieties show up in the same place even due to subtle changes in the climate, during similar seasons and time of a year! Totally confusing...

False color reflected UV shot (no Nikon gear).

Thanks for all kind remarks, folks!:)
Beautiful Image regardless of what it was shot with!

V

Vivek

Rayyan, You sure get around! :)

How close were you to the scene?! Wow!

Steen, I think it is Benares, India on the banks of river Ganges. A lot of Hindus want to be cremated (this person was most likely a local) and the ashes scattered in the Ganges which is central (and scared) to the Hindu religion.

The man with the completely shaven head is possibly the eldest son of the diseased performing the last rites and the man with a tiny pigtail on his left is a priest.

m_driscoll

Guess who I ran into in Italy recently!

Best.
rayyan: Alain Delon? He reminds me of a movie star.

Here is a Taraxacum officinale/Dandelion (UV) portrait. There are many "Dandelions" and different varieties show up in the same place even due to subtle changes in the climate, during similar seasons and time of a year! Totally confusing...

False color reflected UV shot (no Nikon gear).
Thanks for all kind remarks, folks!:)
I stay away because (as I already mentioned) I no longer use Nikon equipment (barring some flashes and the UV-Nikkor 105/4.5). I do follow this thread. Really top notch stuff posted here...
Vivek: Nice portrait of a dandelion. How's a "false color reflected UV shot" done. Very striking.

D3, 24 1.4:)
Steve: Great tulips! Raw, vivid, slightly unreal color. They both kind of vibrate. I especially like the first one.

Ashes to Ashes....

Rayyan: These are pretty incredible! The holy men washing in the river; the traditional funeral pyre; the incongruous attire (track suits and baseball caps). The real thing, not the Discovery Channel version. 14,475 deaths in India per day; 49,381 people born every day (I googled it). Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Rayyan, You sure get around! :)

How close were you to the scene?! Wow!

Steen, I think it is Benares, India on the banks of river Ganges. A lot of Hindus want to be cremated (this person was most likely a local) and the ashes scattered in the Ganges which is central (and scared) to the Hindu religion.

The man with the completely shaven head is possibly the eldest son of the diseased performing the last rites and the man with a tiny pigtail on his left is a priest.
Vivek: Much appreciated. Nepal actually; very similar. I have been in and
out of the Netherlands for the past 17 years. excellent place/people.
have to dig up my photo archives. great time have I had in your country.

Great photos from India, Rayyan. Very impressive colours. What camera and lens did you use?
Jorgen: Thanks. D700 + zf 100/2 Makro.

rayyan: Alain Delon? He reminds me of a movie star

Rayyan: These are pretty incredible! The holy men washing in the river; the traditional funeral pyre; the incongruous attire (track suits and baseball caps). The real thing, not the Discovery Channel version. 14,475 deaths in India per day; 49,381 people born every day (I googled it). Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Hi Matt: Alain Delon, perhaps. I just saw the guy, resembled Bill and got
off a shot.

The funeral pyre..incredible..I was in with them for a few shots, but erased
them later. Wife thought they were too distressing and insensitive. She is
correct. The smell of burning flesh shall be with me for the rest of my life.

Regards.