The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
My first post to the Nikon forum. I recently purchased a D700 and a 50mm 1.4 for high ISO available light shooting, largely events. Some of these will end up on my daily photo log (follow the link under my signature). I continue to shoot Leica M and Hasselblad H - buying the D700 was a horses for courses move to meet the demands of shooting in very poor light.

Anyway, this is my post from last Wednesday:

Lloyd

My first post to the Nikon forum. I recently purchased a D700 and a 50mm 1.4 for high ISO available light shooting, largely events. Some of these will end up on my daily photo log (follow the link under my signature). I continue to shoot Leica M and Hasselblad H - buying the D700 was a horses for courses move to meet the demands of shooting in very poor light.

Excellent results, Woody. (Welcome to the Dark Side! BTW, looks like 'Just Enough Gear' to me!:D)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Here's the post from last thursday, also captured with the D700. My blog crashed; I've spent a fair amount of time since then sorting it out. I did this screen shot with my M9 and the D700 - the M9, which has no AA filter, produced a major moire with the screen. Change the distance to the screen changed the size of the moire, but didn't eliminate it. With the D700 no moire. An additional use for this camera!

Fixing my website required moving it to a different director on my server. If you've been following it you may find that the link in your favorites is broken. You can solve the problem by clicking on the link below and resaving the link.

Last edited:

carstenw

Hey Woody, and welcome to the Leica M + Nikon FX group :) I gave up my MFDB due to disuse (got infected by film again), and bought a D3.

m_driscoll

Matt: these are gorgeous...#2 is enchanting. 200/2...lovely usage.
Regards.
rayyan: Thank you very much.

Walk softly..very softly
Walk with humility...on God's earth.
The only footprints that shall endure the test of time are the little ones
you took for those that couldn't walk.
Thank you.
rayyan: Beautiful words and photographs from around the world!

Matt,Jorgen&Rayyan...Masterful Work!
Corlan, Thank You!
Steve: Thank you!

Yes indeed. +1!
Lloyd: Thank you, too!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thank you.
rayyan: I'm not surprised that this awesome photograph is yours. Your "people" photos always seem to capture a unique perspective or the innate character of the subjects. This photo illuminates cultural differences. I avoided "clash" because it isn't apparent. It's very much the opposite. Wonderful photojournalistic PP. Well suited to the subject and context.

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Hanging out. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 14mm; 1/160s @ f/11; ISO 400

Nice form in the reflection Matt! Very Cool Shot!
Resources are often limited, and adulthood miles away, but a podium finish has the same sweet taste anyway.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

Proud Moment Caught Jorgen...Excellent!
Some flowers from last year's garden. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D700; 200mm f/2; 1/8000s @ f/1; ISO 220

3. D700; 200mm f/2; 1/8000s @ f/1; ISO 200

Beautiful!
Walk softly..very softly
Walk with humility...on God's earth..

The only footprints that shall endure the test of time are the little ones
you took for those that couldn't walk.

Thank you.

Thank you.
Speechless! Bravo!

Same combination - this time urban landscape in poor light.

April 17 post - my first serious outing with the D700. A birthday party.

Super Job Woody! Glad To Have You Here!!!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
rayyan: I'm not surprised that this awesome photograph is yours. Your "people" photos always seem to capture a unique perspective or the innate character of the subjects. This photo illuminates cultural differences. I avoided "clash" because it isn't apparent. It's very much the opposite. Wonderful photojournalistic PP. Well suited to the subject and context.

Cheers, Matt

+1

Excellent photography!