The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Rayyan, My Mom, Born In Romania, Used To Make Chicken Soup With The Whole Bird In It Just Like Your Picture. I Remember Having My Best Friend Over For Dinner At About Age 12 & He Noticed The Chickens Feet In The Soup & We Proceeded To Eat It. He Was Horrified & To This Day We Still Get A Laugh Out Of It! Anyway This Rendition Brings Back Some Memories! Well Shot & Slippery To Look At!:)
Steve: You are from the lucky ones. When I was twelve, having a chicken
was something we dreamed about ( truly ! ). Nowadays, I can go out of my city and in the desert I can see farms covering an area that would take a good
1-2 hours to cross by car along a side. modern high tech poultry farms/dairies.

Stay well my friend.
rayyan: Great photo. I, on the other hand am thinking of becoming a vegetarian! I thought chicken came in neatly wrapped packages. Technology does have it's advantages.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

rayyan: Great photo. I, on the other hand am thinking of becoming a vegetarian! I thought chicken came in neatly wrapped packages. Technology does have it's advantages.

Cheers, Matt

rayyan: Beautiful photo. The dark, richness of color, with the clouds and blue sky reflected is wonderful.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Appreciated sir. The canoe/boat was the only means of transport in the small village I shacked up in for a few days in Nepal. Rowing it at night
to get to the mainland was some experience.

Regards.

Lloyd

Thanks Steve.

Steve: This is an excellent capture. The bw is marvellous. The composition
and the framing gets you inside a gym and the workout.

btw, I wouldn't like to meet your buddy alone!:D

Really great work here Steve.
What he said... on all counts. :thumbup:

shtarka1

Lloyd, Thanks Buddy.

Rayyan, The Tone Really Creates The Mood Here. The Boats,Reflections & Contrast Are All Working In Harmony! Very Nice Image!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
rayyan: Great birding shots (dead or alive ... )
You have a lyric way with words. And with images.

Steve: Cool bodybuilderfitness shot. And, as usual, Excellent Black & White postprocessing,
I wish such a splendid postprocessing could be done in a RAW converter like Capture One or Capture NX. If that is possible you need to teach me some day :)

Woody: So many excellent captures on your photo blog !

Matt: Wonderful mood in your 'staring at the river' picture. And a nice and smooth rendering.

(P.S. To Matt, Steve and rayyan: Thanks for the kind comments to my 'reflection' shot).

m_driscoll

Jorgen/Lloyd/Steen: Thank you all

Steen: The soft tone and the quality of light in these is marvelous. Simple compositions with horizontal stacked elements. The first and the last with the boat/person and car silhouettes sort of anchor the photo with the sea, mountains and sky unfurling out from there. You can sense the time of day. Nice set of photos. Cheers, Matt.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Sir !

Another one from Croatia.

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

rayyan

Truly wonderful. :salute: +1 indeed.
Lloyd: Sincerely appreciated.

Rayyan, The Tone Really Creates The Mood Here. The Boats,Reflections & Contrast Are All Working In Harmony! Very Nice Image!
Steve: Thank you.

rayyan: Great birding shots (dead or alive ... )
You have a lyric way with words. And with images.
Steen: Thanks for stopping by.

Best to you all.

rayyan

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • Capture NX
Steen: I love the soft light across all the photos. But this one is simply
gorgeous. The backlight, the boat and the boatsman. serene and beautifully
lit.

Regards.

rayyan

Some b/w camera jpegs from Bergama (Pergamon). D700 + 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

Osman: I like the cat's eyes. This one though talks to me about a civilization
past, being taken over by the undergrowth. But speaks of its elegance even now.

Thanks for sharing.