The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Again, great work here!
Matt: Great subject isolation, and the colors just pop!
Rayyan: Stunning clarity and color. Does credit to the magnificent work of sculpture.
Matt, Osman, Rayyan, Steve, thanks for your kind words, my friends.

m_driscoll

rayyan: Great colors and composition. They don't make statues like that any more.

Magnificent,Stupendous,Gorgeous....Mix & Match These As You Want! :clap::thumbs:;)
Steve: Thank you sir!:salute:

Yes, as Steve said...
Osman: Thank you too!:salute:

Again, great work here!
Matt: Great subject isolation, and the colors just pop!
Rayyan: Stunning clarity and color. Does credit to the magnificent work of sculpture.
Matt, Osman, Rayyan, Steve, thanks for your kind words, my friends.
Lloyd: Thank you and you're most welcome.:salute:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

AlexLF

Today is probably our greatest holiday - Great Victory Holiday (9th May). My grandfathers were at this war. For the last 65 years there has been parade every 9th May on the Red Sq. in Moscow. Anyone can't go there and there are no tickets to parade. That's all by invitation. But once a year I can see the aviation flying over my house (well, not only :) ):

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice work everyone! Really like Lloyds portrait. It's interesting how Senior Portraits have evolved. Or maybe it's just the High School girls that have evolved? ;)

And the statue, red hat, surreal planes, and interesting brick wall are all terrific. Nicely done!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This has become something of a project for me. It's a group of six apple trees standing in a field across from the cemetery. I have to figure out the right shooting position and time of day to highlight their unique stature in the field.

This doesn't make it, but serves as another failed experiment that will point to a solution. I'm determined to find the right shot. The good news is, it's not far from the house and I can go when the mood hits.

m_driscoll

Today is probably our greatest holiday - Great Victory Holiday (9th May). My grandfathers were at this war. For the last 65 years there has been parade every 9th May on the Red Sq. in Moscow. Anyone can't go there and there are no tickets to parade. That's all by invitation. But once a year I can see the aviation flying over my house (well, not only :) ):

Alex: Great photos! Are the ribbons on the tree patterned after military service ribbons for WWII? Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

This has become something of a project for me. It's a group of six apple trees standing in a field across from the cemetery. I have to figure out the right shooting position and time of day to highlight their unique stature in the field.

This doesn't make it, but serves as another failed experiment that will point to a solution. I'm determined to find the right shot. The good news is, it's not far from the house and I can go when the mood hits.
Tim: An interesting problem. It would seem hard to make the apple trees stand out from the woods behind. I'm sure you tried it when they were all in bloom? Please share the "right shot" with us.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A different kind of a portrait.

D40x, Sigma 30/1.4 1/20s, f/1.4 ISO1600. Reflected Ultraviolet light capture.

This was a test shot from a latest dedicated UV cam I did. My first one (now dead) was the first of its kind anywhere (http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivek-iyer/2807133866/in/set-72157600032172823/). Quite possibly second such camera.

I made this converted UV cam was for Bjørn Rørslett.
Vivek: Unique photo. I'll have to study your Nikon Gear thread a little more. Cheers, Matt

Wow! So much great stuff!!!

Osman... I LOVE those shots!

Alex.. the VE shots are amazing! Loved the news coverage here in the USA about US troops marching in Red Square in celebration alongside all the allied forces.

Steen! I want to go to Croatia some day as well.

Great stuff from everyone! I need to get out and do some fun shooting soon!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Still too much to do, but here's one from Saturday. The colours on my internet computer is totally off, but I hope the photo looks ok. Their uniforms are supposed to be white and red, not white and orange. Can somebody confirm that they look white and red?

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

aboudd

Jefferson

Trying to photography Jefferson's statue during tourist season in a major bitch. I found the angle I wanted quickly, then waited. First, about a half an hour for a group with three baby carriages on the bench behind the statue to leave. They were followed by forty-three buses filled with tourists of all sizes, ages and mobility factors. Finally, after 90 minutes, as the sun edge light the president, I got this shot.

D3x with 45 TC-E, post processing with edging overlayed.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Still too much to do, but here's one from Saturday. The colours on my internet computer is totally off, but I hope the photo looks ok. Their uniforms are supposed to be white and red, not white and orange. Can somebody confirm that they look white and red?

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8
Nice shot, Jorgen, but the reds do look a bit orange on my monitor.

Lloyd

Re: Jefferson

Trying to photography Jefferson's statue during tourist season in a major bitch. I found the angle I wanted quickly, then waited. First, about a half an hour for a group with three baby carriages on the bench behind the statue to leave. They were followed by forty-three buses filled with tourists of all sizes, ages and mobility factors. Finally, after 90 minutes, as the sun edge light the president, I got this shot.

D3x with 45 TC-E, post processing with edging overlayed.
Worth the wait, Aboudd. Very, very nice.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Jorgen, on my screen your lovely group portrait looks fine. I think fhe colors look great and sparkling, and rather clean white and red. But of course, I wasn't there.

Aboudd, very good composition.

Nice b/w series, Osman !

rayyan, great shots from Istanbul. And Oslo. And Rome. And ... :)

Lloyd, nice niece portrait. Sounds cool too :cool:

Matt, brilliant bright red hat !

Alex, great white-billed flights hunting over your house, stay safe inside :D

Tim, how about making the tree group a Quattro Stagioni project :)

Vivek, yet another remarkable UV light image. Please let us know the link if Bjørn Rørslett writes about the Nikon D40x camera you converted.

Oh, and thank you for the kind words rayyan, Steve, Matt and Jason.