The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Blog post: Nikon/Mac remote control

R

Ranger 9

If you use a Nikon DSLR and a MacOS X computer, you might be interested in this post I just wrote for my blog about zero-cost remote/tethered shooting solutions.

Most DSLR makers include a basic remote/tethered app with their cameras... but as we all know, Nikon doesn't. (They want you to spend $180 on Camera Control Pro 2 instead.) And while there's other paid software that supports tethered shooting on a Mac, I figured that occasional or penurious tetherists might want to have all the free options gathered in one place.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This is a must-see if you need a Mac tethered solution other than CCP. Thank you for your work on this - it's pointed me at the better LR integrated client with Live View to try out.

:thumbs: