The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax fun

nostatic

After an abortive run with the K10d, I anted back up and went for the K20d. Couldn't be happier. The mid-grade 16-45 f4 zoom is ridiculously good for the money, the 50-135* f2.8 is contrasty as all get out, and the 77mm ltd is sublime. Next is the 35mm ltd macro as soon as it is available in the state (next week or two).

77ltd. Total lens ecstasy.

G

gtmerideth

That's a wonderful photograph.
The limiteds offer high quality and small size.

I posted this in the other thread.
Shot with the ZK 28/2 at iso 100.
It's an impressive piece of glass.
g.

P

Paul Stenquist

I'm new here, and I'm a long time Pentax shooter. Now working with K20D,K10D and numerous lenses. The DA* 50-135.2.8 is currently my most used. I was quite happy with the K10D, but I'm thrilled with the performance of the K20D. High ISO is excellent and exposure consistency is much improved.
Paul Stenquist

LCT

I'm new here, and I'm a long time Pentax shooter. Now working with K20D,K10D and numerous lenses. The DA* 50-135.2.8 is currently my most used. I was quite happy with the K10D, but I'm thrilled with the performance of the K20D. High ISO is excellent and exposure consistency is much improved...
Hi Paul, have you been using manual lenses with the K20D? If so, how high do you rate manual focusing with it?

P

Paul Stenquist

I do use manual lenses. Most often a Pentax SMC-A 400/5.6 and a Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro. It's quite easy to focus manually. The viewfinder is very bright. I sometimes use the A 400/5.6 with an A 2X-S converter, which means focusing at an effective stop of f11. It's quite easy with the K20D.
Paul