Site Sponsors

Thread: CZ 20 2.8 Flecktagon Photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

CZ 20 2.8 Flecktagon Photo

Not certain if Canon board or Other Cameras?

First, Soooo glad I found this place....!

Well, heres possibly my best photo (if there is such a thing as best photo). 400D with a 20 2.8 flecktagon lens. 30 sec, ISO1600. Can see the picture is sharp except very left side soft. Sold the lens (let person know slight flaw...). Its quite a hassle such lenses/adapters where theres variances. I think I'd tolerate adapters, get a better adapter, but go for better lenses in the first instance now. I'm 5 minutes new in DPP, so your eyes better than mine...Theres quite a bit of light polution below comet and lighting the mountain to left. Remarkables mountain 6500ft above where I am, a bit of wind on water...

This was January '07. Got some really good photos, and totally uninspired (for photography) after this Comet McNaught. Was a mind blowing sight chasing it all night for 2 weeks... Getting wound up now with leica possibilities during the next year or so....

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: CZ 20 2.8 Flecktagon Photo

Wow that is a interesting image , please put that in the gallery so we can see it more often. Btw welcome to the forum.

Other is fine or canon would have worked too. Maybe we should change the name to alternative systems instead of other camera's
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Guy. Thought today that Canon board probably better...however...Also had the same idea and will put some photos in gallery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Wayne, and welcome --- AND my compliments on such an awesome first post! Outstanding image!

PS: With the Flecktagon, this is as good a place as any, but if you would like the entire thread moved over to the Canon section, let us know and we can do that for you

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Jack. I've put a few photos into the Image Gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

Great shot. Where was this? Light polution yes, but for 30 s at 1600 cant be much!

As an old RADIO astronomer, (we dont have such worries as light polution, its the local ROCK station that drives us mad! ) I can aprreciate the patience. Used to chase solar eclipses (june 59 Lynn Mass., July 63 Maine, nov 66 Bage Brazil...) yes unfortunately I am that old

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gogopix View Post
    Great shot. Where was this? Light polution yes, but for 30 s at 1600 cant be much!

As an old RADIO astronomer, (we dont have such worries as light polution, its the local ROCK station that drives us mad! ) I can aprreciate the patience. Used to chase solar eclipses (june 59 Lynn Mass., July 63 Maine, nov 66 Bage Brazil...) yes unfortunately I am that old
    Hello. This was taken at a secret location, unknown to the majority in town, Lake Johnson, Queenstown, New Zealand. Its 30 minutes walk from other side of lake to this side.

I have something that may be of interest to you, or you may know already. www.spaceweather.com is about, aurora alerts, meteor showers, asteriods, comets, with a few photo galleries...

Young at heart...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I double checked and have a confession. First photo is actually 60 sec. This one is 90 sec. I need to do a course in photo editing...one day.