The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Intense

Intense indeed: me and my guitar; f*** the rest of the word....

Very good! Just humbly suggesting you burn in those pants a little; they drag the eyes in a way (probably) not intended...:rolleyes:

(With my patchy, non-native English to work with, I almost wrote "pull down those pants"...:ROTFL:

cam

ooh, here it is big (yey! i get frustrated at the teeny sie on flickr)!!!

i beg to differ. i like the blinding pants. they do drag the eyes, but it makes you have to work -- which makes the rest of the image so much more satisfying.

not that i wouldn't mind the pulling down of pants that Per suggested, though... if anyone can make it happen, Lili, it's you dear. just flash him your wings :ROTFL:

...i beg to differ. i like the blinding pants. they do drag the eyes, but it makes you have to work -- which makes the rest of the image so much more satisfying.
OK, I can see your point there. Maybe I´m too conditioned by the "club rules" of yesterdays about drawing the eyes to the central part of an image.

Many of those old rules are being challenged, like the quest for grainless sharpness, no blown highlight & c. Numerous images, in this forum and elsewhere, shows us the expressive effectiveness of breaking them.

These small cameras are defining a new language (of course most of these things were used far earlier), just like the first Leicas did in the 1920´s and 30´s. By picking one up and trying to use it creatively, one can feel it happen. It´s great!

cam

OK, I can see your point there. Maybe I´m too conditioned by the "club rules" of yesterdays about drawing the eyes to the central part of an image.

Many of those old rules are being challenged, like the quest for grainless sharpness, no blown highlight & c. Numerous images, in this forum and elsewhere, shows us the expressive effectiveness of breaking them.

These small cameras are defining a new language (of course most of these things were used far earlier), just like the first Leicas did in the 1920´s and 30´s. By picking one up and trying to use it creatively, one can feel it happen. It´s great!
i have the luxury of not really knowing (or caring about) the rules -- only knowing what i like -- so this is only my personal opinion and taste... the "drag" in this photo, to my mind, forces your eye up rather than down, but you do have to work at it.

i don't like perfect pictures. they bore me. whilst i can admire technical proficiency, i need something more... does that make sense?

Lili

ooh, here it is big (yey! i get frustrated at the teeny sie on flickr)!!!

i beg to differ. i like the blinding pants. they do drag the eyes, but it makes you have to work -- which makes the rest of the image so much more satisfying.

not that i wouldn't mind the pulling down of pants that Per suggested, though... if anyone can make it happen, Lili, it's you dear. just flash him your wings :ROTFL:
LOL, thanks Cam, I could have done so but as this is a normal Pub and not a ''Gentlemens Club" it might've caused some Drama.
He was very shy too, intense as the titie suggests.
Honestly I appreciate the input, from both of you.
Per, I thought about cropping, but decided against it, lowering the value on the pants might work, but I wanted to preserver the contrast between his shadowed face, hiding in the shadows, in the rest of the image.

Maggie O

i don't like perfect pictures. they bore me. whilst i can admire technical proficiency, i need something more... does that make sense?
Hear! Hear!

IMO, the greatest fault of my photos are that they are technically competent, but dreadfully boring.

Here's to lively imperfection!

Hear! Hear!

IMO, the greatest fault of my photos are that they are technically competent, but dreadfully boring.

Here's to lively imperfection!
OK, Cam, Lili, and Maggie, I give it up.....:salute:

After all, lively or not, I´m afraid I do have a natural propensity for imperfectiom in my own work.....:confused:

(And, Lili, I never talked about cropping; it would ruin that image, indeed).

Lili

OK, Cam, Lili, and Maggie, I give it up.....:salute:

After all, lively or not, I´m afraid I do have a natural propensity for imperfectiom in my own work.....:confused:

(And, Lili, I never talked about cropping; it would ruin that image, indeed).
It is ok, *I* was the one that looked at cropping.
And wisely, I think, discarded it :)