The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung NX10 available???

Martin S

Interesting interview with a Samsung executive on dpreview. He stated that the pancake lens is very popular with NX-19 buyers.

Where is the NX-10???? Is this camera available somewhere in the world???

I guess maybe in Korea, but not here!!!

They are losing valuable time to establish themselves in this market. Sony is also developing a similar APS-C camera.

Things are eating up.

Martin

V

Vivek

Wouldn't NX10 be followed by NX11?

With mythical cameras and accessories, a jump to 19 from 10 is possible, I suppose.:D

Martin S

Sorry for the typos

NX-19 = NX-10,

eating = heating

Still Samsung wants to "own the mirrorless market." Well, a delivered product would be the first thing they need to do.

Martin

V

Vivek

It (N19, typo or not) was just perfect, Martin. :thumbs:

Yes, Samsung appear very hungry and appear have the drive.

Real, deliverable products would be nice, I agree.

They could have done better than throwing an old CMOS sensor in the NX10 or 19 or whatever it is, IMHO.

Martin S

For a company hungry to capture the "mirrorless" market, Samsung seems relatively slow to deliver in the U.S.

Maybe Sony's announcement to release (at some time in the future) a competitor, may spur Samsung to get moving, and deliver.

It make me wonder if Samsung is having some problems in manufacture, or design which has kept the camera in limbo. Paranoia is a great thing!!!!!!!!!!

No real reviews so it appears that the camera is really not yet shipping here or in the UK.

Some ridiculous ebay listing from a seller in Korea is the only listing for the sale of the camera that I have seen.

Martin

Last edited:
V

Vivek

If I can buy one for $350/-, I do not mind buying it from S.Korea on eBay.

For what it is, it is the price that counts.

There is nothing novel about this camera that has not been already innovated by the Pana G1.

V

Vivek

APS-C same size as 4/3, enough novelty for me.
There are competitors for that with similar APS-C sensor. YM is different than mine.

It all depends on what you think you can accomplish with a particular camera/gear.

Terry

APS-C same size as 4/3, enough novelty for me.
It is interesting to me that I now enjoy the 4:3 aspect ratio more than the 3:2. In reality the differences between the sensors is mostly the extra width for the difference in aspect ratios.

The height of the two sensors 13.5mm vs. 15.6mm.

LCT

No problem to use 21/2 & 28/2 primes on APS-C, can you do the same with a G1? Just curious.

V

Vivek

No problem to use 21/2 & 28/2 primes on APS-C, can you do the same with a G1? Just curious.
No problems at all if you have an appropriate 21 and 28.

If you are talking about Leica M mount lenses, go for an Epson RD-1s or M8 (approximately APS-C).;)

LCT

I have 2 Epsons already. Bigger beasts though. Which f/2 lenses can give approx. 28mm and 40mm FoV on 4/3? Curious again. ;)

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
I have 2 Epsons already. Bigger beasts though. Which f/2 lenses can give approx. 28mm and 40mm FoV on 4/3? Curious again. ;)
For legacy (35mm) lenses, 14mm (frequently a fisheye) and 20mm wide angle. However Panasonic's current 20mm and promised 14mm m4/3 lenses will do the same but with AF.

S

syndony

Now you are having the details about the Samsung NX10 DSLR Digital Camera that we have provided you here. If you liked this DSLR camera then you can go ahead with this digital camera. I have also liked this DSLR camera. I don't think so any other DSLR camera available in the market can compete with this Samsung NX10 digital camera in any department. But if don't like this camera or this doesn't comes in the price range of your affordability then there is many options available for you.