The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Worth considering Pentax K7 or Ricoh GXR?

sagar

Okay now, I know they are not in same league. But for me, I am trying to build a smallest possible kit with few primes for landscape/street and people/candid photography. Having good bokeh/blur/subject isolation is on of the key criteria.

So I am thinking about either to get K7 with few limiteds or GXR with 50mm now and 28mm later. But from what I have been reading about Pentax future per se recently, I am bit hesitant putting in $$ into it. Ricoh I will atleast think about it as a small P&S with lesser lifespan ;)

Do you think its worth investing in pentax now?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Do you think its worth investing in pentax now?
Yes, I believe they are doing rather well for the time being. The K-x is apparently one of the most sold DSLRs in Japan. The K-7 is a wonderful camera, not least with the Limited lenses.