The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Call to Samsung (NX10) to update the firmware so that the camera would be useful

B

Bill Wilby

I learn something new every day, while showing the NX10 to customer I just discovered the auto brightness in the display menu, guess what? one can set the NX10 to "gain up" LOL Bill

V

Vivek

Bill, I knew about the "auto brightness" due to the easy navigable menu on the display (I have not seen the full manual which is still in the CD). This is certainly no "gain up" as in the G1. My cam has the latest firmware. Nothing "brightens up", unfortunately.

B

Bill Wilby

Vivek, I was able to compare two NX10's together and noticed a difference, tomorrow I will bring my G1 and take some time to find a dark area and compare them together. I have also not looked at the full manual on the CD. I am using the latest firmware and usually update cameras before selling. regards Bill

V

Vivek

OK, Samsung have issued firmware updates:

F/W 1.15 for the cam:

2. Improvements compare to F/W version 1.15

□ We added EVF selection function on the AMOLED displayed menu.
□ We added MF Asist On/Off selection function.
□ We added MF usage function while using K-Mount Adapter.
□ We improved Auto White Balance function of Low color temperature condition.
□ We improved SD Card Read/Write speed.
□ System stablization

and there are updates for the lenses as well.

http://www.samsungimaging.com/learn...forward=feature&prdCtgSeq=205&langPrdSeq=6033

Have to do it and check if it makes the cam useful.....

An adapter tidbit:

Wolfgang Rabe has fabricated a NX10 to Arri adapter and has a couple of sample shots on Flickr using Tegea 9.8mm f/1.8 and Zeiss Distagon 16/2.

Looks like Samsung would not let me download the update though I have a genuine NX10 with a genuine serial number. :thumbdown:

I am positive that there are no counterfeit NX10s out there.:angry:

Last edited:
V

Vivek

I tried everyone of Samsung's sites (giving all the useful information that they required- whether I am single, own a house, income, etc- surely they have all the correct information :scry:) and it is a no go for me. The US site said that my camera was made in March (Model: ES-NX10ZZSEB Serial: A3XLC10Z300479).

I am sure that I will forego any future products (including that intriguing KIMCHI refrigerator) from Samsung.

B

Bill Wilby

I down loaded and updated the NX10 for a customer today. At first putting in the s/n number would not work until I clicked on the button beside the place to enter the number that asked to verify the s/n number and then it worked, Bill

V

Vivek

Bill, I tried that as well (several times). Unfortunately, no.

Could anyone kindly email me the wretched update?

V

Vivek

Bill, Many sincere thanks for your kind help! Version 1.15 is in the cam now, thanks to you!:salute:

V

Vivek

Going through the list of upgrades:

□ We added EVF selection function on the AMOLED displayed menu.

Good. This is the EVF/OLED toggle. One annoyance is done with.

□ We added MF Asist On/Off selection function.

Not a bad thing to have.

□ We added MF usage function while using K-Mount Adapter.

Yes! Manual focus assist works just as with a system lens!:thumbs:
(though this is a far far cry from m4/3rds)
This is only a 2X magnification and only works for a central area. This could indicate the limits of Samsung's CMOS sensor (not as responsive as the NMOS of Panasonic)?

□ We improved Auto White Balance function of Low color temperature condition.

I guess so...

□ We improved SD Card Read/Write speed.

This appears less painfully slow now.

□ System stablization

Don't know what that means but an easy/open access to firmware update would be even more helpful. :rolleyes: