The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NX10- this is where it is heading...

V

Vivek

The Olympus pen F extension ring set's front part looks like a perfect fit. As soon as possible, my NX10 is going to be for pen F lenses. Yup, the NX10 mount is going to be changed to a pen F mount. :)

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
The Olympus pen F extension ring set's front part looks like a perfect fit. As soon as possible, my NX10 is going to be for pen F lenses. Yup, the NX10 mount is going to be changed to a pen F mount. :)
As Robert says, pretty nifty. I'm looking forward to seeing the 42/1.2 mounted on the NX10. How difficult do you anticipate it will be to change the mount? Will you be able to achieve the correct register distance?

V

Vivek

Jonathon, I have to remove the NX mount and fit in the pen F mount.

The small black dots you see (6 total) on the pen F mount are from the screws inside that holds a pressure plate so that the lenses when mounted will stay on.

I checked a 2X converter and a pen F cam for transplants both do not match up as good as the extension ring.

I have never done a camera mount transplant (apart from a film camera Nikon F to M39) before so, it is going to be difficult. I need to get the screw slots drilled properly first. Then comes the pain of aligning it perfectly so that the lenses will sit exactly perpendicular to the sensor plane.

All pen F lenses look good on this cam (well they look good and perform even better on cam they can mount on :) ), including the 42/1.2. The 40/1.4 and 60/1.5, perhaps, are going to see a lot more action though...

The pancake 38/2.8 could be a bit of a hassle to use on this as the pop-up would get in the way of adjusting the focus of that tiny lens.

Oh, I don't have any worries about the infinity focus. If it goes a tad beyond, that is OK with me.

douglasf13

Very cool, Vivek. I'm curious about the performance of these lenses on the edges when mounted on the NX10. Since the Pen lenses are designed for film cameras with only a slightly larger frame than APS-C, are you seeing edge problems, since the NX doesn't have offset microlenses a la Leica?

V

Vivek

Thanks, Douglas. Good question.

It appears (I can only verify this once a permanent mount change is done) that the 25/2.8 starts to show light falloff and edge softness wide open.

The corresponding hood for that lens can not be used (I am positive about that) with severe vignetting. The rest- 38mm onwards- are no problems at all. As I already mentioned, the 40/1.4 and 60/1.5 are going to be the most used. 70/2 (stellar on NX10 as well) would make a fine portrait lens.

This is the shortest focal length lens I have in the Pen F line. I have abandoned my quest for a 20/3.5, for now, for this reason.

My second reason for the mount change is that I have a variety of adapters for the pen F to many other system lenses (that I also have :eek:).

I am now done with a couple of important projects on my list, so soon, I should be able to get to this.:)

Robert, Thanks. Unfortunately, I will have to rely on Samsung to update the firmware.

A

aprillove20

such as a good reviews and I'm very interesting the performance of the lenses.