The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

Will

I added another version on one of my pictures below but you had already responded. Might be worth you looking at my last post again?

Brian Mosley

Hi Will - that's a good illustration, the plain image doesn't really need sharpening, but takes the sharpening really well.

It just means that we have more latitude for PP - a good thing :D

Kind Regards

Brian

A

asabet

Just a snap of my 3 1/2 year old son Philip pretending to fish today. This is after cropping out almost half the frame before resizing.

DavidE

Nice one, Amin. Even with the crop, I suspect there's still plenty of resolution for a medium size print (at least, based on what we can see here).

My last photo in this thread was showing up intermittently, so I've moved it to another server. Here it is again.

helenhill

asabet; said:
Just a snap of my 3 1/2 year old son Philip pretending to fish today. This is after cropping out almost half the frame before resizing.

Wonderful shot of Philip.....he looks like he's abit of a prankster and quite creative ;)
Best, H

Will

Boring to keep doing these flower shots, I know, but they are everywhere at the moment!
I should be going somewhere non flower infested tomorrow so hopefully I'll find something else to shoot.
In the mean time....

Yellow

helenhill

Lovely - Will
but can't wait for tomorrow's Surprise Shot.......
You seem to have mastered the Dp1
Cheers ! H

helenhill

Fun........entering into other Worldliness
What were your settings ?
and
how close was the DP1 to the real 'pink' ?
Toodles- H

A

asabet

Now that is pink! Where were you Will?

Here's one more of my boys pretend fishing:

I'm trying to resist oversharpening, but the temptation is strong because the tree has a pop to it in the full res version which is difficult to convey in the resized image.

Will

Fun........entering into other Worldliness
What were your settings ?
and
how close was the DP1 to the real 'pink' ?
Toodles- H
F4 ISO 100 2.0s (I'm quite surprised how steady I managed to hold it just standing there)

It is quite a bit too pink but I liked it that way. It was the entrance to the Grand Designs exhibition in London

On another note I have discovered that if you put in a new card the camera sets the file numbers back to the beginning (damed annoying since I was up to my 526th image and now I will have to rename all of those to avoid confusion)
It seems to happen each time you swap the card over. I checked and I do have the camera set to continuous file numbering.

helenhill

asabet said:
Now that is pink! Where were you Will?

Here's one more of my boys pretend fishing:

I'm trying to resist oversharpening, but the temptation is strong because the tree has a pop to it in the full res version which is difficult to convey in the resized image.
LOVE THE GRANDE FLICKR IMAGE EVEN MORE
Looks Quite Fab ........
I need to 'Pretend' more in Life.......far more Enchanting way to Live Life :clap:

Will

I have decided to try out the Sigma after sales service. With this in mind I dropped my DP1 onto a pavement today in order to damage the lens mechanism so that they had something with which to work.
I'll let you know how it goes :(

A

asabet

Helen, thanks! I'd love larger display so I can see the full DP1 images without scrolling. I don't think my wife is going to go for that 30 inch Apple display though...

Will, so sorry to hear that. Hope you get a quick turnaround without a big expense. I've had Sigma twice service lenses, and they were very good to me in both cases. One of the lenses was well out of warranty, and they took care of me.