The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

Brian Mosley

Bummer... I know this is too late, but I carry my DP1 in the lapel pocket of a photographers vest, with the long neck cord around my neck - even when the camera is in the pocket.

Kind Regards

Brian

Lili

I have decided to try out the Sigma after sales service. With this in mind I dropped my DP1 onto a pavement today in order to damage the lens mechanism so that they had something with which to work.
I'll let you know how it goes :(
HUGZ!!!!!!

Will

Thanks for the sympathy everyone. In a way it was my fault because i decided to adapt the Sigma neck strap with some quick release clips that weren't up to the job. Had the camera around my neck and one of the clips gave out.

I do have a few images I haven't yet converted, so I may put one up occasionally just so I don't feel left out!

here is one of the last ones pre calamity.

Brian Mosley

Hi Will, what camera will you be using while you're waiting for the DP1 to be repaired?

My contribution for today...

Hope you get it back soon!

Kind Regards

Brian

Joan

I have decided to try out the Sigma after sales service. With this in mind I dropped my DP1 onto a pavement today in order to damage the lens mechanism so that they had something with which to work.
I'll let you know how it goes :(
Oh, poor you, Will. :( Hope you get it back soon, better than ever. Love your "pink" shot, marvelous.

Lovely work here by all of you Sigma-philes. :clap:

Will

Oh, poor you, Will. :( Hope you get it back soon, better than ever. Love your "pink" shot, marvelous.

Lovely work here by all of you Sigma-philes. :clap:

Thanks Joan, I took a few others there as well but I liked the pink one best. Others may follow.
The shop should get the camera on Monday so then I'll know how long I will have to wait.

Brian, I love the forget me not flower pic (I assume that is what they are)
I'm back to my GRD2 now with the 5D as a backup ;)

DavidE

Will, sorry to read about your DP1, though a GRD2 and 5D would be a pretty good consolation. Hope you get it back quickly. I also like your pink photo. The sharp images from the DP1 seem to work well with experimentation.

I was visiting family in Boulder, Colorado this past week. Here's one of the images I shot with my DP1 (ISO 100, f/8.0, 1/200 second).

Will

Beautiful images David. There is something different about DP1 files that seems to give an almost 3D effect in some of them. You almost feel like you are in the picture (at least I do)

Ansel would have liked your first image. Stunning!

A

asabet

Beautiful David. I especially like the second one.

Here are a few from our family outing today:

helenhill

WOW Amin.......
Fantastic shot of your wife ....... BEAUTIFUL
:clap: !!!

DAVIDE
Love the way your 2nd shot ascends to the Peak /the rocks ,tones & textures -LOVELY!!!

Toodles, H

Last edited:

DavidE

Thanks Will, Amin, and Helen.

We had a few hours on Thursday to explore the mountains near Boulder for the spectacular views. Glad I didn't have to lug a heavy DSLR up and down those slippery paths, especially after it started raining.

I had never been to Boulder, so it was all new to me. It was nice to visit somewhere other than a tradeshow in Las Vegas.

It's true. The DP1 shots often have a 3D look. Not sure why. Maybe the combination of the Foveon sensor and a very sharp lens. Seems to be hit or miss. On some shots, it's there, and you can enhance it with processing. Other shots are flat and lifeless -- and stay that way no matter how hard you try to improve them.

helenhill

heres One for Will /since he can't post :cry: / I know I'm off but where Did I go wrong.......your thoughts are Welcome -Best,H

P

pcheywood

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a DP1 and VF11, it should arrive tomorrow.:D I suppose I'd better get busy selling some kit to fund it, or face the wrath of the bosslady.:eek:

Paul.

helenhill

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a DP1 and VF11, it should arrive tomorrow.:D I suppose I'd better get busy selling some kit to fund it, or face the wrath of the bosslady.:eek:

Paul.
Well Paul
if you're worried bout your relationship with 'bosslady'
just wait till the 'New Mistress' Miss DP1 arrives
She's a tough Dominatrix who will Demand All:ROTFL::ROTFL:

best, H

Brian Mosley

Helen, is that a RAW file? can you either e-mail me the RAW or share your development settings? I have a feeling your fill light slider may be causing the halos...

Kind Regards

Brian

P

pcheywood

Well Paul
if you're worried bout your relationship with 'bosslady'
just wait till the 'New Mistress' Miss DP1 arrives
She's a tough Dominatrix who will Demand All:ROTFL::ROTFL:

best, H
I can hopefully deal with that as long as the 'New Mistress' can deliver for me (unless the bosslady cuts my throat first).:bugeyes::ROTFL:

Paul.

Will

heres One for Will /since he can't post :cry: / I know I'm off but where Did I go wrong.......your thoughts are Welcome -Best,H
LOL, very kind of you to think of me Helen! I may rummage around in my DP1 files and post one or two of those while I'm waiting for the return.