The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

MisiekBunnik

That's a mighty fine shot, Ronald. The colors are especially rich against the black background. The flowers and leaves are sharply focused.

Did you use a close-up lens (or lenses) for this one?
Thanks David, I enjoy your view on your part of the world with much joy!
Yes, The Tiffen close up set I use is a stacked +4+2+1, and I use them a lot, so easy to screw on the adapter and you're away! for these kind of shots I always use flash, but a bit decreased in power and of course, use manual focus...

@will, love your square picture, where can i find more of your flickr (square) images?
best
ronald

DavidE

This is a shot of a hallway ceiling light in the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas. No, I couldn't afford to stay there. I was just visiting.

[You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

ISO 400, f/4, 1/30 second

D

DP1User

Wow some awesome pictures, just wanted to add a couple, Love my DP1

helenhill

Tres Chic hotel ceiling .....Will
&
DP1User / Soooo Delicate & Refined .....Your dp1 magic

:)

Last edited:
D

DP1User

Thanks so much! I really love this camera. My SLR is a Pentax K10D, but the DP1 is making me look hard at a SD14. Anyhow here are a few from from a walk around a forest preserve today.

This is 3 vertical shots pano'ed together, I love how the DP1 renders clouds, it's so clear.

DavidE

DP1User, those are some of the best shots I've seen from a DP1. Excellent work. Bravo!

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I really like seeing these DP1 images. Some really nice stuff. i want something small keep going back and forth between the Dp1 and the GRDII. Have to see these in NY

DavidE

I visited Las Vegas this past week for the InfoComm tradeshow. Stopped by the Adventuredome again to see what kind of shots would turn up.

This one was shot at ISO 50, which was added to the DP1 recently through the 1.03 firmware upgrade.

ISO 50, f/4, 1/25 second

DavidE

Here's another ISO 50.

ISO 50, f/4, 1/40 second

DavidE

This was also shot at the new ISO 50 setting.

ISO 50, f/4, 1/30 second