Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Dream

  1. #1
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    The Dream

    Found this on another forum today. My dream camera. It's fake of course, but what a fake! I lived with Olympus OM for 30 years. I wouldn't mind 30 more.

    Olympus, can you hear me? My lenses are ready and waiting!



    Thanks to whoever photoshopped this (I found it at Rudi Knust's gallery on pbase). He made my day

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Found this on another forum today. My dream camera. It's fake of course, but what a fake! I lived with Olympus OM for 30 years. I wouldn't mind 30 more.

    Olympus, can you hear me? My lenses are ready and waiting!



    Thanks to whoever photoshopped this (I found it at Rudi Knust's gallery on pbase). He made my day
    I'll have one too please

    Just this guy you know

  3. #3
    Member Quino Terceño's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Exile
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I'll have one too please
    +1

  4. #4
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: The Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I'll have one too please
    + 2

    wonder why we never see such a tasteful design nowadays ...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Amin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Dream

    Anyone remember Silicon Film?



    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0102/01...sp#siliconfilm

    They couldn't make it happen in 2001 and went bankrupt. Maybe worth another try in 2011?

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The Dream

    Oh dear
    I played with a Pentax K5 today. It's not so far away in spirit, and it takes good snaps at 6400 iso too

    Just this guy you know

  7. #7
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: The Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Oh dear
    I played with a Pentax K5 today. It's not so far away in spirit, and it takes good snaps at 6400 iso too
    No comment. I have too many cameras already. Did you hear that, Jørgen? You have too many cameras, right? Right? Jørgen, are you there???

  8. #8
    meilicke
    Guest

    Re: The Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Anyone remember Silicon Film?



    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0102/01...sp#siliconfilm

    They couldn't make it happen in 2001 and went bankrupt. Maybe worth another try in 2011?
    I do! I breathlessly waiting for one to go into my T90. At least I now have the use of those lenses.

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Dream

    It's a pretty concept.

    I had OM-1, OM-2 and an OM-4Ti for a time. Nice cameras, the usual excellent Olympus lenses, but the Nikons of that era (FM2n, FE2, F3/T) fit my hands and eyes better and were more robustly made.

    I'm happier with the Olympus E-1 and E-5 now than I was with the OMs.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •