The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Few R-D1 Snaps

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Alright great news and glad to hear that. Keep us posted . BTW some really nice stuff too.
I like the last one a lot of the news stand.

Helen question was it a load sound or was it silent when it went down. Reason I ask load may mean broken and silent may mean just jammed

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Actually this time it might be the good killer. It maybe just jammed.

An old phrase we use around the house Silent but deadly. No need to explain further. LOL

E

espressogeek

I really liked my R-D1. Every now and then I would get a weird artifact around a bright highlight but that was about it. I was always scared of the shutter jamming so I sold it. Below are a handful of snaps I took with it.

helenhill

ESPRESSOGEEK
TRULY DIVINE........Love it
you are now an Honorary 'Epson Bpy/Girl'

Which lens/es did you prefer w/your Rd1 ?

Best-h :)

E

espressogeek

Thanks! I'll try to dig up some of my other shots when I get home this weekend. I used the ZM 35/2 on the first shot and the Canon 50/1.4 on the second. That Canon was REALLY creamy but the ZM 35/2 was probably my favorite lens for the camera. It was pin sharp wide open and had a wonderful 3d'ness about it.

ESPRESSOGEEK
TRULY DIVINE........Love it
you are now an Honorary 'Epson Bpy/Girl'

Which lens/es did you prefer w/your Rd1 ?

Best-h :)

helenhill

Three 90mm elmar /Keep in mind..... No external viewfinder /set to 50 frameline ......done intuitively
which says not sure if I'm in control of my medium but almost there:p

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Helen, that second 90mm shot is just awesome! It is a quintessential "street" photograph!

Joan

Way to go, Helen, you're startin' to get your groove with the RD1 already! Agree with Jack, really like the 'smokin' and talkin'' shot, and the last one is a hoot, I'm imagining the dog wrapping its leash all around the poor guy with his hands full next. :)
Splat waiting to happen. lol.

helenhill

Thank You Jack ,Guy & Joan

Its a PURRfect Marriage the Rd1s & Me

I don't think you know how many cameras I have been through in the last
seven months........ Frightening:bugeyes:
and my two FAVs (which means I still own them)
THE GRD2
THE RD1s
:)

DavidE

Helen, that last one is a terrific image. It's my favorite of the group. It's well composed and balanced. Also, sharply focused with deep tones. Best of all, it evokes a story -- or possible stories -- about why the lamp, man, and woman are there for that instant of time. Nicely done.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Espressogeek, I love both those B&W's --- the processing treatment is excellent and the compositions spot on.

helenhill

Two rd1s Pixs / 50mm Elmar @ f5.6 ISO 800
My first Middle East Assignment.......:ROTFL:
Actually the man is a shell shocked ex Marine
who transformed himself in front of the CAMERA
and two Baghdad Ladies (rd1s /35mm color skopar
:) Helen