The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Burgaz Island with SD-14

otumay

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share my uneasy love affair with Sigma SD-14 with you. I love her, pardon it, when the colours come out as they should, and like no other. I despair when its dynamic range fails me miserably, or when the white balance is way off beyond my corrective powers.

I'm not a technical sort of guy, so instead of trying hard, I decided to use the SD-14 in soft, natural light only. I'd be interested to know if I'm the only one who thinks this way. Here are a couple of shots.

Cheers,
Osman

Last edited:

helenhill

Lovely Shots
Subdued & Mellow maybe a tad wash out /the greens.....unlike what I think of w/ the foveon sensor
and the magic of that sensor certainly can be surreal & quite painterly Beautiful when done properly
Just sold my DP1 (Abit sad mind you:cry:)....... for the Epson RD1s (can't wait!)

would love to see the same shots / with different settings
how does it work /natural ,Vivid ?? what are ones choices

There may be a Big Brother/Sister coming soon after Photokina /the SD15

Best, H:)

otumay

Thanks Helen, I agree that the greens seem washed out in the first shot. Here are two attempts at this image, the first one with Sigma's PhotoPro, the second with CS3. I don't know what's wrong with this camera (or with me, for that matter), but I can't seem to get it respond to colours properly sometimes.

Good luck with your RD-1. SD-15? Wow!
Best,
Osman

Last edited: