The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

chiquita

Woodmancy, beautiful picture! It does appear that the focus is more to the left. I've found it quite difficult to pinpoint focus for macro as the focus area is still fairly large and if using a narrow dof, it's rather hit and miss!

T

tokengirl

Today at morning direct jpg. A12 28.

Very nice. The quality of the SOOC B&W jpegs from this camera was really the first thing that got my attention. Amazon had the 28mm module in stock as of yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait.

T

tokengirl

Well, it's here. First quick photo after charging the battery:

Wide open at ISO 1600. B&W conversion in Silver Efex Pro.

Jasmine likes it, says we can keep it (if I give her an extra biscuit).

X

xavi99

Well, it's here. First quick photo after charging the battery:

Wide open at ISO 1600. B&W conversion in Silver Efex Pro.

Jasmine likes it, says we can keep it (if I give her an extra biscuit).
Congratulations, nice photo.

T

tokengirl

One from my walk in the swamp on Sunday morning. The stuff on the ground is not sand, it's little plants growing on the surface of the water. Otherwise known as pond scum. :D

Farnesworth

After shooting with this camera for a week, I have to say it easily betters my faithful (and now sadly sitting on the shelf) X1.....

Lightroom produces just ok raw conversion. The new Silkypix beta 5 is just excellent. These are all with the 28mm AP-C sensor.

A few more are at my website.

T

tokengirl

I am really liking this camera. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for: a digital version of my Fuji Klasse W.

The 28mm lens is nice and sharp, has a pleasing bokeh, and has only minor chromatic aberration that is easily corrected in Lightroom. The camera does not shoot in RAW only, so you get a RAW file and corresponding JPEG. I am using is set in B&W mode so that I get a B&W preview. The B&W JPEG sooc is not bad, but it's a little flat for my taste and applies too much noise reduction even when you have noise reduction turned off. But the RAW file can take quite a bit of pushing around in Lightroom/Silver Efex Pro.

The screen is almost useless in bright sunlight. I was thinking of getting a CV 28mm viewfinder to put in the hot shoe, but the hot shoe is not centered over the lens so that's probably not going to work too well. I am not yet frustrated enough to spend $250 for Ricoh's EVF though.

I haven't really been impressed with the colors from this camera, but then again I have not really made much effort. I bought the camera to make B&W pictures of whatever I happen to stumble upon without feeling guilty about wasting film, and so far I am not disappointed at all.

TechIV

OOC B/W -- initial test of a little tree in the back yard. I'm really loving this camera. I feel I could do all of my general photography with it, but I am a little hesitant on the $250 EVF... I also really wish there was a portrait lens option. I'm thinking of adding a compact Pentax and 70mm f2.4 to fill that gap.

S

sberaha

Here are two from this weekend in Kyoto (both with the A12/50mm module).

This is my first attempt to post an image here, so apologies in advance if I get it wrong.

W

wbrandsma

Recently Ricoh gave me another opportunity to try the GXR with both the 50mm and the new 28mm lens. While I consider the 50mm both a hit and miss, I really was amazed by the 28mm lens.

With the 50mm

With the 28mm

W

wbrandsma

I was thinking of getting a CV 28mm viewfinder to put in the hot shoe, but the hot shoe is not centered over the lens so that's probably not going to work too well.
It actually works really well for anything from 2 meters and beyond. Great combination for street photography in my opinion.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Welcome to this thread Wouter. For anyone not familiar with Wouter's work with Ricohs, his blog is a good place to start.

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
New firmware for GXR

Available 28 March

Enhanced Functions for All Camera Units

Addition of the “Scene Mode” for photographic expression with a difference
The addition of the new “Scene Mode” provides 5 types of mode to expand your photographic expression. Choose from “Soft Focus”, “Cross Process”, “Toy Camera”, “Miniaturize”, and “High Contrast Monochrome”. Simply press the shutter release to take a truly unique shot.
Addition of “Target Follow Function” to AE/AF target movement function
The “Target follow function” is added to the target movement function that locks the exposure or focus on a specific part of the photographic subject. When the camera follows the subject, this function automatically continues to adjust to the target position, so that the subject is in focus at precisely the moment you want to shoot.
“Reset/Cancel” function added for AE/AF target move
By pressing the cancel button during AE/AF target move, the image monitor returns to the central position. When the cancel button is pressed again, the target move mode is cancelled.
“Magnified playback function” added that magnifies the center of the target moved position
When magnifying the playback screen, the center of the position moved to as the AE/AF target can be the center of the magnification

Enhanced function only for the GR LENS A12 28mm/GR LENS A12 50mm camera unit

Exposure correction and white balance can be assigned to the zoom button.
In the key custom settings, exposure correction or white balance functions can be assigned to the zoom button.

Keith