The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Irenaeus

Thanks for commenting, both of you.

I don't have a definitive response to Irenaeus' interpretations of the scene ... to say what I know the scene portrays is a little too literal for my thinking. I'm very happy to see it spark so much figurative story telling although it's a little disturbing that all the scenarios you chose to ponder seemed sad to you.

I write about this series in my journal almost daily, but what I've written is not yet ready to publish. Just like the series itself is still a work in progress. :)
Thanks right back at each of you for your comments on my own.

"I don't have a definitive response to Irenaeus' interpretations of the scene...."

1. W. B. Yeats once refused to comment on what a poem of his meant because he didn't want to restrict its meaning. And, of course, "what it really means" has to do with the poem as poem, not as some prose semi-equivalent of it, or there'd have been no point in making the poem at all.

Similarly, what Godfrey's photo "means" can't be fully put into prose, either, or there'd be no point in making the picture.

So I know it's a visual offering, but it also has a title, it's part of a series about communicating. I was thinking aloud about how those two might fit together is all, and not to be taken too seriously, perhaps.

"although it's a little disturbing that all the scenarios you chose to ponder seemed sad to you."

2. The first ones did seem sad to me, because I see them as tragic, but the last scenario (though a little tongue in cheek) is a sheer delight!

Cheers,

Irenaeus

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you Carl - we're having some lovely fall weather here so we took the opportunity to go to Niagara.

This one is also using the CV 40

Keith

m_driscoll

Just got the GXR with the S10 24-72mm Zoom (nice point-n-shoot lens; no A12 Mounts available except in HK). Ashwin led me down this path. So far, mostly used to photograph gear that i'm selling. MacBook Pro keyboard:

GXR; 1/25s @ f/2.5; ISO 400

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Welcome Matt and Ashwin. Which lens Ashwin?

Seems like Ricoh misjudged the numbers of the m-mount they would sell, given the reports of people waiting for them.

Keith

m_driscoll

Keith,

Thanks. I think they did! I'm weeding my kit down to a GXR, NEX 5N, NEX 7 (preordered), M9-P, & M7. All a little different and all can use M-Mount lenses. Also, all of it can fit in a smallish bag.

Cheers, Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

Seems like Ricoh misjudged the numbers of the m-mount they would sell, given the reports of people waiting for them.

Keith
Yeah, right Keith.
Still waiting. Looks like the A12 M mounts vanished after the first bunch.
Got the EVf from HongKong here. Best price I could find.

Michiel

ashwinrao1

Keith
Thanks, Keith! I am very much enjoying the GXR. These particular captures came from the 50 mm equiv A12. I very much like the look of the A12 28 and 50 mm equiv lenses, but have mostly fallen in love with the M mount module, which has gotten a great work out since I purchased it.

Godfrey

Portadown Station - Northern Ireland 2011
Ricoh GXR-M + CV Nokton 40mm f/1.4

Processed on the iPad 2 with Snapseed.

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

scho

A little Indian Summer weather. We have had an amazing stretch of balmy, summer like weather coinciding with near peak foliage color (although a bit dull this year). Richoh GXR with CV 50mm f/1.5 Nokton, details in exif.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Welcome Streetshooter!

Don, I wondered when you would make your way over here with some images - I've been following your start-up story with the GXR and am glad you like it. There's lots of good green stuff in this thread but not so much street black and white (except for Godfrey) Let's see more but don't spread yourself too thin :D
As you don't have the m-mount (yet) it would be good to see you give us a gentle pull away toward the Ricoh glass. I'm going to go back to the P10 this weekend (I think . . . maybe the 28 . . . and I'm doing square black and white)

Keith

Godfrey

Chimney

Thanks Keith! Here's from yesterday:

Chimney - Ramsey 2011
Ricoh GXR-M + CV Skopar 21mm f/4

thanks for looking! comments always appreciated.