The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've posted a few images from this camera in the compact camera section, but maybe this place is better

This is with the P10 module

Keith

arashm

LOL
Yes a fine establishment :)
Jokes aside
Did you purchase your GXR in Canada?
I've been very curious about this camera, but nothing locally....
Thank you in advance, and please keep posting.
am

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
LOL
Yes a fine establishment :)
Jokes aside
Did you purchase your GXR in Canada?
I've been very curious about this camera, but nothing locally....
Thank you in advance, and please keep posting.
am
Hi arashm
I buy all of my Ricoh stuff from the US, usually Popflash Photo in California. I have bought many Ricoh cameras from them.
I have the P10 and the A12 modules for the GXR, which is a fine camera

Keith

Here is another from the P10

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here are a couple from the P10 lensor.

I like the P10 a lot, and reviewers have rated it higher than the canon G10 in performance. The GXR/P10 is lighter and smaller than the G10 - and it has an EVF

Keith

Martin S

Keith:

Is the GXR stabilized???

Great images. It certainly seems like the concept of a matched lens, and sensor works.

Martin

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Martin

The stabilization is in the lensor module, and not in the body of the camera. The P10 small sensor zoom (28-300) has it, but the A12 50mm APS-C macro does not

Keith

Martin S

Great image!!!!

Does the lack of image stabilization in the 50 mm macro cause any problems for you in low light???

Also, has the firmware upgrade really improved the focussing speed especially in low light???

How do you feel the GXR compares with the specifications of the upcoming Fuji X100??? I realize that it is a difficult question since 1) the Fuji isn't out yet, and 2) fixed lens vs. interchangeable lens-sensor units.

Martin

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Great image!!!!

Does the lack of image stabilization in the 50 mm macro cause any problems for you in low light???

Also, has the firmware upgrade really improved the focussing speed especially in low light???

How do you feel the GXR compares with the specifications of the upcoming Fuji X100??? I realize that it is a difficult question since 1) the Fuji isn't out yet, and 2) fixed lens vs. interchangeable lens-sensor units.

Martin
Thanks Martin

The firmware upgrade made the 50mm much faster and useable - I would like stabilization but I have other cameras that don't have it, so I am used to shooting without. Same with any macro, you have to be careful to get good images. In non macro mode the 50mm is just fine.

I am very intrigued by the X100, but I am put off by the fixed lens. The GXR lens/sensor idea is now getting more nods of approval from the reviewers. It is widely thought that Ricoh will "tune" the sensor of the M-mount module to work well with M lenses.

I really like the fact that I can put on a P10 module, and I have essentially have a Canon G10. But if I change to the 28mm or 50mm primes, I am in Leica territory. With the M-mount module I have dozens of legacy lenses I can use.

The body and firmware of the GXR is top class, probably the best you will find anywhere - I think this camera will eventually become a classic.

A good review is here: http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/...camera-review-with-the-28mm-and-50mm-modules/

Keith

T

tokengirl

I am close to pulling the trigger on the GXR with the A12 28mm module. Has anyone tried it yet? Or am I going to be forum's the crash test dummy? :D

chiquita

Xavi99, love this b & w, suits the subject perfectly. Very nice :)

tokengirl, I'm still waiting for a 28mm to become available. Don't seem to be many in the UK yet, so yes, would be great if you "guineapigged" it!

Show Performance, thank you very much for your comments. I like to be quite close to the things I photograph;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Ricoh GXR with A12 50mm Macro

Handheld at 1/30 sec, F5.6, ISO 800. Looks like focus is on the hairs just to the left of the butterfly's body

Keith

Reactions: B L
X

xavi99

Xavi99, love this b & w, suits the subject perfectly. Very nice :)

tokengirl, I'm still waiting for a 28mm to become available. Don't seem to be many in the UK yet, so yes, would be great if you "guineapigged" it!

Show Performance, thank you very much for your comments. I like to be quite close to the things I photograph;)
Thanks,I hope you can find a 28mm soon.