The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Limited pallette color...hmmm, can you educate me on this? Thanks!
I use the HSV panel in the Lightroom Develop module to selectively limit and soften the color palette by manipulating Hue, Saturation and Luminance values per what I'm looking for in a given rendering.

To my eye, it pulls the image away from the literal into a more abstractive and interpretable space. That's a lot of fancy words to say, "I like how it looks." ;-)

ustein

Contributing Editor
>To my eye, it pulls the image away from the literal into a more abstractive and interpretable space. That's a lot of fancy words to say, "I like how it looks." ;-)

Well done.

Godfrey

Nice flowers, Keith.
I see that P10 module is a much better performer than some ranters on DPR seem to think...

Godfrey

Underpass

Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm f/2.5
ISO 209 @ f/3.2 @ 1/30 second

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Underpass

Re Underpass:
Godfrey
I see a grand piano in there. I like what you are doing with Lightroom - I tend to go the other way and overdo things (but most of my images don't have any subtlety to them). I've been trying to correct myself on this. But that's the great thing about digital photography - I find myself reprocessing images that were taken years ago, when I find a "new look"
I'm digging out the A12 tomorrow. Spending too much time with the little zoom!

Keith