The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Parking Spot

Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm f/2.5
ISO 400 @ f/2.5 @ 1/15 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Godfrey

Leaf Study #2 & #3

ISO 400, Aperture Priority

thanks for looking. comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Balance Weights

ISO 400 @ f/3.5 @ 1/17 second

thanks for looking, comments appreciated!

And thanks for your previous comment, Uwe!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Beautiful and intriguing composition, Godfrey

Knowing how careful you are, that dividing line is meant to be slightly off horizontal, isn't it? (but the board under the weights is horizontal - am I right)

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor

Knowing how careful you are, that dividing line is meant to be slightly off horizontal, isn't it? (but the board under the weights is horizontal - am I right)

Keith
There seems to be a slight lens distortion. Too bad LR does not support the4 GXR lenses. Great photo though.

Godfrey

Knowing how careful you are, that dividing line is meant to be slightly off horizontal, isn't it? (but the board under the weights is horizontal - am I right)?
:) Thanks for looking!

There are very few straight lines in this photo, although some seem like that *ought* to be straight. I spent some time framing it when I took it, and only little minor correction was needed to re-level it and obtain the image I had in my mind as I took it. The wainscotting line and the line of the shelf and structures converge in one direction, the weights in the other. I like that it moves constantly as I study it, it achieves what I had in mind when taking it.

Godfrey

There seems to be a slight lens distortion. Too bad LR does not support the4 GXR lenses. Great photo though.
Thanks for the compliment.

Both the GXR A12 lenses are remarkably good on rectilinear correction, and both have a small and very manageable amount of CA.

This is the 28 mm in the very near field (horizontally, it's very close to full frame and that's a pretty wide field of view). I have a standard LR CA correction for it and could also take out all the barrel distortion easily (don't need a lens correction profile, a quick correction would be easy since it's all simple barrel distortion), but it really is quite small and only shows up in these kinds of very extreme close range photos with strong straight lines. As you might expect, the 50 is even tighter on barrel distortion and has a similar amount of CA.

I'm absolutely delighted with this camera. I haven't found anything that I can complain about. Even the AF speed is of very minor impact on the use I've put them to.

Can't wait for the M-Lens camera expansion module to arrive. I'm itching to see how the Voigtländer Skopar 50/2.5 works on it. :)

Godfrey

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 200 @ f/9 @ 1/50 second

This little critter kept shifting position hoping I wouldn't notice it ... This was my third exposure after it had gone to the underside of the fence rail to which it was clinging.

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.