The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Thanks Keith!

And I like Summer too. Bold framing and colors. You get a lot out of that P10 camera module!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Irenaeus and Godfrey:

Something keeps pulling me back to the P10 - I think its because the raw files process so well in Lightroom. I'm doing a small book on Toronto with just black and white images from this module.

Thank heavens for plastic pool furniture! I have a red chair too - so expect the worst. Meanwhile here is the last of the solitary yellow ones.

Keith

Irenaeus

I've decided I either need to post some images or change my name to LurkyLurky, so here are a few from the a12/28 module:

The first is a little "trick of the eye" that struck my eye, at least.

The second is of Heart Mountain near Cody, Wyoming, taken from the site of an internment camp for 10,000 people of Japanese ancestry during WWII. For more about this shameful episode in our history, see my PAD journal at http://www.blipfoto.com/view.php?id=1222624&month=6&year=2011

The third is of a viewing of Old Faithful at Yellowstone national Park.

Godfrey

Pearls In A Window

Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm f/2.5
ISO 734 @ f/3.2 @ 1/30 second

thanks for looking. comments appreciated.

Irenaeus

Thank you, Keith — very kind of you to say so.

I like the warmth of your monochromatic Pearls In A Window, Godfrey, too — it's a very stately image.

Thanks to both of you for keeping this thread going and its standards so high!

Irenaeus

Godfrey

Beginner Buskers

Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm f/2.5
ISO 1600 @ f/2.5 @ 1/13 sec

Another from last evening ...
Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Godfrey

Stainless

Thanks Keith!

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 754 @ f/4 @ 1/45 second

thanks for looking. comments appreciated.

Irenaeus

Nice black and whites, Godfrey — my apologies for not saying more but it's past my bedtime. I did want to share these two from the GXR A12/50, though; the Bleeding hearts are from our neighbor Delane/s garden, the Iris is from my wife Ingrid's.

Good night and all the best,

Irenaeus

Godfrey

Been too busy to participate much the past few days.

We had an out of town guest this SF Pride weekend ... Rather than head up to the city this year, we threw a small party at home. I've put together a gallery of photos I and a friend took.

http://gallery.me.com/godders/100336

His are the first ten or eleven, made with Panasonic G1 fitted with Nokton 25mm f/0.95 and using available light. He was experimenting with the shallow DoF of working near wide open.

The rest, and the real time video, were made with the Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm. For the stills, I set up a Sunpak flash unit to bounce off the ceiling on a light stand, triggered with a Cactus V2 RF remote, stopped down to about f/10 @ ISO 200. It proves to be a great working combo as I could pretty much shoot anywhere and be sure of getting enough DoF for sharpness.

Enjoy!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice results with the flash setup, Godfrey

This one is from the P10 module - This uses a 1.2/3 back-lit sensor (10Mpixels).
Shot at maximum zoom (eq 300mm), f7.1, 1/1400s, ISO 400 - I was around 6 feet from the water lily

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey

The Ricoh pic is interesting. This time the shutter is visible and closed - another image floating around shows it open - I wish they would get a move -on!

Here is a rose taken with the P10 again, this time in the macro mode at roughly 50mm equiv. 1/125s, f4.9, ISO148

Keith

Godfrey

Another nice one. :)

I'm not worried. I expect we'll see the M-lens module by October. I've got one of the two lenses I intend to use on it already (Skopar 50/2.5), may pick up the other one soon (Ultron 28mm f/2). This camera with those two manual lenses may become my main line of equipment.