The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

sagar

Thanks Godfrey. Here is the modified version using picnik/flickr

That's delicate and whimsical, nice.

The rendering seems just a little flat. It might do with a bit more contrast and perhaps a little selective shaping, highlighting the cup a little more strongly.

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Oh that's nice, Sagar - must be the new 28mm?

I'm moving a lot toward black and white these days. This one comes up trumps in the content and composition department

Keith

Godfrey

I did a little table-top work with the GXR today as I've decided to go all mobile with the MacBook Pro and sell my Apple Mini desktop cpu.

The A12 50mm Macro is a little short for this work but can work reasonably well for subjects up to about this size. I used Manual Exposure and an RF triggered Sunpak flash on a stand, bounced off the ceiling and a reflector. The camera was hand-held ... I used Spot AF and locked in focus by toggling to MF, then framed.

The Ebay auction has four other photos of the Mini ... I thought they turned out nicely for a pretty casual lighting setup and quickie image processing. If you'd like to look at them, click the link below:

http://www.ebay.com item #120751242377

Of course, if you're interested in the Mini, send me a PM or a message through the Ebay system. I posted here to show the Ricoh GXR's ability to do casual table top work! :)

sagar

Playing with GXR A12/50mm. This is probably the first Camera after Canon S50 thats provoking me to take pictures everyday.

Godfrey

Communicating #51

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 566 @ f/3.5 @ 1/45 second

Three photograph panorama composite.

thanks for looking! comments appreciated.

Irenaeus

something about a particular life

Thanks for the heads up about the GXR strap, Godfrey ~ mine came yesterday and I like it a lot.

It's late and I'm going to bed without processing anything more, but here's my latest offering to be ready to share.

(I'm happy to have any comments, too.)

Cheers ~ and good night!

Godfrey

Communicating #52

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 200 @ f/4.5 @ 1/140 second

Thanks for viewing. Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Thanks Keith!

I like your shot of the marsh, but the rendering is way too documentarian and plain to my eye. The lower foreground is too dark relative to the center and upper sky area, there's little to draw my eye to a resting point. I look at this and wonder what drew your eye to the scene, why you took the moment to make the photograph.

I'd suggest some further development of the rendering ... shape and focus the light to tell us what your eye saw by illuminating the important points and de-emphasizing what is less important.

LOL! Sorry if I'm critiquing a little more strongly than I usually do. I have been thinking about the process of teaching people how to see a photo and do a critique, what constitutes constructive criticism, quite a lot in the past couple of days. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comments Godfrey:

I agree with what you are saying, but the trouble is, there is no focus point for what I am trying to convey in the picture. I am fascinated by the incredible textures an multiplicity of the grasses in this marsh - so really my focus is in 3/4 of the image (I cropped the sky out) You could really say that the river and the trees are just there to act as a resting point for the viewer from the panorama of grass.

Here is an even more defined example of what I am trying to do (again, the P10)

Keith