The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

I like "decaying leaf", Godfrey. Works well in black and white

I get the urge to crop it down 20%, cutting out the right hand mortar line, putting more emphasis on the leaf. I love the way the stalk of the leaf crosses from one brick to the other.
Thanks Keith!

I tried that crop, it seemed a little too tight to my eye. But maybe I'll play with it some more.

Godfrey

Communicating #56

Ricoh GXR + A12 28mm f/2.5
ISO 400 @ f/4 @ 1/13 second

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice, Godfrey

This setting you've found with the verticals and diagonals is ideal for your subjects. You get some interesting people in there. Have you done a book of the communication series? any plans?

OK - here is some old infrastructure - starting to move into water and electricity :bugeyes:

"Infrastructure #6"

Jpeg straight from GXR P10

Keith

Godfrey

Nice, Godfrey

This setting you've found with the verticals and diagonals is ideal for your subjects. You get some interesting people in there. Have you done a book of the communication series? any plans?
Thank you!

I've been thinking of a book for this series. Have a couple of ideas .. different ways to present it. Stay tuned! ;-)

OK - here is some old infrastructure - starting to move into water and electricity

"Infrastructure #6"

Jpeg straight from GXR P10
http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/8/0/ricoh_gxr_p10_infrastructure_6.jpg
I like this, but the bright lower left corner of the frame pulls my eye that way, it's a bit distracting and there's nothing in it that's adding much to the overall content. I'd do a little editing to decrease the distraction, one way or another.

Godfrey

Church Back Door

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 400 @ f/5 @ 1/30 second

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Snaking Root

Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ISO 400 @ f/5 @ 1/18 second

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
you're on a roll, Keith! ;-)
Can't resist one more, Godfrey. I'm using the A12 50 for the first time in a year! I love this camera. I've ordered the A12 28, and hope I'm in the same early batch as you from Popflash for the M-mount.

GXR A12 50mm

ISO 200, f9, 1/60s (single image HDR)

Keith

scho

Fire engine detail shot with GXR+A12/28 module. Converted from RAW to B&W using SEPro2 in LR.

scho

Just trying out macro mode with the A12/50 unit. A purple oxalis blossom at ISO 3200. This little camera does remarkably well at high ISO.