The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

scho

Carl,

Were you going for desaturated look?
No, these were mostly high ISO (2263 and 3200 for first two) in poor lighting so actually close to reality in appearance. Also, RPP tends to produce flat images which you can override by bumping contrast and saturation up but that can lead to noise and artifacts as well.

Agnius

No, these were mostly high ISO (2263 and 3200 for first two) in poor lighting so actually close to reality in appearance. Also, RPP tends to produce flat images which you can override by bumping contrast and saturation up but that can lead to noise and artifacts as well.
Good to know. I haven't played with RPP yet as I am pretty happy with Aperture color palette.

I

imagearchive

Hi all - just joined, here's a few shots from my first day with my new GXR. Loved the GR Digital I a few years back, but didn't like the image noise. Now with the M mount APS-C sensor and a Leica Summarit 35mm f/2.8 on the front, ... *WOW* ... this is 97% the perfect camera.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Imagearchive, Welcome!

You are lucky you have the M Mount. I am still waiting :poke:
Nice photographs!

Today I thought I should make use of the GRX to get to know the camera a little better before the M mount arrives.
I tryed to do some shopwindows on my walk home from the studio with the P10 module. It is some work to make the best of it. The Jpeg's are quiet good straight out the camera, although I didn't use them. I am used to work on the files myself.

Well here are some.
Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
What can I say, other than WOW and . . . . what took you so long?

These colors are splendid, and have the Schierbeek touch all over them - don't lay down the little P10 when you get your m-mount. Which lens will you try first? ;)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi thanks Keith for the encouragement. :) Yeah I love colors although I should move a little to B&W with all the fog around here.
Have been a little apathic towards photography lately.

I think first will be the 15mm heliar and the 50/2 summicron.
When I get the adapters I am very curious to see the results of the 20/24/28/2.8 FD and the Minolta MD 20/2.8 etc. The wide lenses and see if they work well or if I need to buy one of the Zeiss Biogons 21 or 25. (would love too)

Sold about 20 lenses lately. Mostly the big and heavy ones :D

Best, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Four beautiful B $ Ws in a row. Love the contrast in all of the images wstam and shooter.
Trying to guess which lenses :rolleyes:

Keith

Godfrey

Some great photos!

Visiting family this holiday weekend and made just a few snaps... I fitted the A12 50mm for the trip and am again reminded how fine a camera this GXR is.

G

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes very nice B&W's, Streetshooter.

My A 12 M module arrived! Yippeeeeeeh!!!
After 2 month's, thanks to the efficient supply chain of Ricoh. :ROTFL:

Michiel

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thank ya's kindly. Yesterday was an experience. I was very comfortable with the GXR's 30 seconds after setup. It's been almost 2 months and loving what I'm doing with them.

I was walking around the Occupy Philly and the Parade and the I noticed that there was a feeling of nothing mechanical in my hand. The camera at last was at one with me.
When I got home and loaded the images into LR, I realized that at at last I found my counterpart. I know, I know... I'm from the 60's ok...
Godfrey will get this....Keith might also.... Awwwww, if ya are with the GXR, you got it fer sure.

wstam

Four beautiful B $ Ws in a row. Love the contrast in all of the images wstam and shooter.
Trying to guess which lenses :rolleyes:

Keith
Thanks Keith. That was taken with Elmarit-M 90mm.

Thanks Keith. I'm using the A12 28 & 50. Works fine for me....
Don
Hi Streetshooter, very nice B&W photos there. Very good contrast. Good to know the A12 28 & 50 perform well. Hmmm, I may consider trying them out.

Thanks.

Last edited: