The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, Love all the circles and ellipses in this one!

Just curious; did you try the 12m Voigtländer yet on your Ricoh?

Michiel
Michiel - looking at my Lightroom catalog I see that I have not shot my CV 12 with the GXR, but I have images taken with my Sony C3 (now for sale)
Surprised me, I'll have to rectify that :toocool:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Michele Turns Six

Wonderful expression of emotions! Congrats!
+1 Godfrey :thumbs:

First walk with the A12 M mount.

Feels nice to work with especially in the street. People don't feel disturbed so much by the size of the camera.
The lenses I used today seem to work fine.
I am going to love this thing, I think.

Michiel

This guy makes with a selfmade latte these fried patotoes.

Michiel Schierbeek

Did some more walk around with the GXR. Really like it! The Leica R Elmarit 90mm is a little topheavy on it but the camera is quiet sturdy. It weights with the Leica Summicron 50 on only 40 grams less then the GH2 with kitlens.

Also assigned some lenses to my settings with a little help from a post on the Ricoh forum at DPR from Godfrey. Thanks for that!

Michiel

Godfrey

Glad to help. Nice photos you are posting!
Yes, the GXR-M is one heckuva camera. The Voigtländer 15 looks like it works a treat.

Keep on making photos!

Arne Hvaring

The great images on this thread (and some pixel peeping on downloaded files:)) have convinced me that the Ricoh would make a nice complement to my M9.
Now the body and finder are readily available, but the GXR-M module seems to be made of unobtanium, nowhere to be found. Or does anyone here know of a source? Thanks in advance.

Michiel Schierbeek

Looked at some adresses I looked for a long time and they are all out of stock.
I bought it at Amazon in the US and had it send to me by a friend. Took ages.
Amazon now states it is out of stock till februari due to the floods in Thailand.
Amazon seems to have a good connection with Ricoh. For some time amazon.de had it in stock also.

So it doesn't look good.

Michiel

Arne Hvaring

That agrees with my own findings. Thank you very much for the update Michiel.
So it's February then. Oh well..
Unless of course the NEX 7 surprises, but I'm not holding my breath, as far as Leica-M lenses are concerned.

Godfrey

That agrees with my own findings. Thank you very much for the update Michiel.
So it's February then. Oh well..
Unless of course the NEX 7 surprises, but I'm not holding my breath, as far as Leica-M lenses are concerned.
I'd put in an order with your favorite retailer and wait for the A12 Camera Mount to be delivered. That's what I did when it was announced ... I put in my order in June-ish and it was delivered in mid-September. I'm very glad I did, I was second on the delivery list.

I acquired a base set of lenses (CV 21, 28, 40, and 50 mm, M-Rokkor 90) while I was waiting, and also an M4-2 body to play with them on as well.

Now that I have this gear ... and yes, it's everything and more that I was hoping it would be ... I'm bent on using it and maybe tuning my lens kit as I find (and can afford) the select Zeiss and Leica lenses that improve on the CVs for me. But I know for certain already that the camera and the lenses work well and are not the limiting factor in my photography. ;-)

I have little interest into buying "Yet Another System". But what I've seen thus far from other users' photos, the NEX 5n does better with RF lenses than the NEX 7 so if I were to go for a Sony, I'd pass on the 7 and stick with the 5n.

And I rediscovered how much I love using a Leica M in the process too. I'll complement the GXR-M with a Leica M8 or M9 (likely the latter if I can be patient enough) soon ... although I think I'm jonesing for the M9-P now. Sigh. At least that will keep me in one lens mount system. ;-)