The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Entering the first of the Miraflores Locks (Pacific side of Panama Canal) at 6:30am just before sunrise

GXR P10

Keith

V

Vivek

The proof is there but Ricoh's publicity campaign is nowhere compared to that of Sony and Panasonic. Thanks, I am happy :salute:

Michiel
There is no publicity campaign, AFAIK, other than some misleading claims about the NEX-5N for Leica M mount lenses.

I don't know where you found your M mount GXR, Michiel?

Michiel Schierbeek

Entering the first of the Miraflores Locks (Pacific side of Panama Canal) at 6:30am just before sunrise

GXR P10

Keith

Nice serie in the square format, Keith I recognize the Car carrier on the right from my harbour visits. I like the lifeboat too. Can't you get into the machineroom. That would be nice!

Michiel

Godfrey

Shoppers

One more from last evening:

Ricoh GXR-M + Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 1600 @ f/4 @ 1/11 second

enjoy!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Leaving Panama Canal at the Gatun locks. One car carrier half way down, another just to our left. Looking straight at the Caribbean with a rain squall coming through. 8 hour passage in the canal.

GXR P10

Keith

Godfrey

Thanks Michiel!

That photo was too smooth out of the camera at ISO 1600. I had to add grain to get the look I had in mind when I made the shot. It's approximately the look I get with the M4-2 using XP2 Super and underexposing a stop or two. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Yes Godfrey, that is my experience too. ISO 1600 is absolutly no problem.

The next shot (Not NEX shot yet :)) is also a 1600 ISO shot, but a little corrected in AR. This is part of an artwork which takes place in the houses of different people. A joyfull afternoon.

Michiel

Godfrey

Communicating #67

Very nice indeed, Michiele!

Ricoh GXR-M + Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 2500 @ f/4 @ 1/90

It's the end of 2011, and it's time to work on new directions.

This is the last "Communicating 2011" series image I'll post here and to other forums. I have plenty more to process, but I'm going to concentrate on rendering them and working on a book of these photos from this point onwards. I'll continue to add them to the flickr.com set as I get time and energy to do so. There's an RSS feed on the series top page for any who might want to continue following the development of this set.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for your comments!

Communicating 2011 series:
www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/sets/... Communicating 2011

jonoslack

Godfrey, Michiel, Keith, Ario
I just popped in, so many great shots - this is obviously where the real photographers hang out! - there's so much promise with the Pentax / Ricoh combination.

Happy new year to all

Godfrey

Godfrey, Michiel, Keith, Ario
I just popped in, so many great shots - this is obviously where the real photographers hang out! - there's so much promise with the Pentax / Ricoh combination.

Happy new year to all
LOL ... Happy New Year to you too, Jono! And everyone else!

The Ricoh GXR camera hasn't seen any benefits of the Pentax acquisition just yet. I am very interested to see where Ricoh goes with the acquisition of Pentax Imaging, both from a technology perspective and, to a lesser degree, from the perspective of what they do with the business.

The future remains before us. :)

Godfrey

+1 You guys give me the feeling that the Ricoh is the 21st century Leica.
That's sort of how I feel about it too. It's a pretty special machine in the greater scope of things.

The GXR-M is good enough that it could convince me, in the end, that I don't need/can't justify spending the money for a Leica M9. It has already taken over as my system camera from the DSLRs ... different strengths, of course, but there it is.

But I still want a digital Leica M anyway. Same way I wanted another film Leica M. That's the rangefinder experience calling.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hey, thanks Jono and Jurgen :)

Well you never know where the real photographers hang out but I like this little www community for sure and a big hug for the Getdpi folks :D

Happy new year!

Michiel