The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Flying back to Toronto today. Managed the GXR a Day project. Didn't use the GH2 kit I bought with me :(

Keith

GXR with P10

Godfrey

Nice!

Flying back to Toronto today. Managed the GXR a Day project. Didn't use the GH2 kit I bought with me
that's what I found when I carried the GXR and Olympus E-5 cross country last May ... I should have left the SLR at home for all the use it got.

I was shooting on that trip with just the A12 28mm ... You've gotten some stunning shots with the P10. I think if I want a small-sensor zoom camera for those occasional moments when it might prove handy what I should do is just pick up an S10 or P10 camera unit and be done with it.

Agnius

Interesting. Is there an adapter available or did you fabricate it?

Michiel
Michiel,

I found a company in Italy that sells one, Lolli Adriano. The adapter is "ok" quality - it fits with some movement around lens axis (I think it is a modified Olympus OM adapter), but wide open it does not achieve infinity focus. So I shoot at f8 at infinity and then DOF is wide enough to have everything in focus. I could go further and try to get that lens collimated with the adapter, but I am happy enough at f8. With longer lenses that would be more of a problem.

Best,

Godfrey

I found a company in Italy that sells one, Lolli Adriano. The adapter is "ok" quality - it fits with some movement around lens axis ...
That's COMA - Construzioni Ottiche Meccaniche Adriano. :)

I have two of the COMA adapters, one for Nikon and one for Pentax. I agree: "ok" quality, but they're a little on the large and clumsy side in use. I preferred the Rayqual and Kipon adapters and have replaced the COMAs now.

I get the feeling that if your Contarex adapter is a little off, just explain what you need and he'll modify it until it works.

Michiel Schierbeek

That's COMA - Construzioni Ottiche Meccaniche Adriano. :)
I get the feeling that if your Contarex adapter is a little off, just explain what you need and he'll modify it until it works.
Yes they are experts at this. I bought a Tilt Olympus OM to M4/3 adapter from him.

But; Agnius, I thought the 21 and 35 Contarex lenses would potrude to much into the camera, but obviously not.

Michiel

Agnius

Yes they are experts at this. I bought a Tilt Olympus OM to M4/3 adapter from him.

But; Agnius, I thought the 21 and 35 Contarex lenses would potrude to much into the camera, but obviously not.

Michiel
I was wondering about that too - but using Ricoh "tester" they are good to go. Don't know about 35mm though.

From what I recall, you needed to lock the mirror to use 21mm Biogon. With mirror absent it works just fine.

Good idea about contacting Adriano, I'll see if he can make it work. On the other hand I don't like having to ship my lenses unless it is totally necessary.

V

Vivek

Wow! It is good to know that Lolli is contactable and responds to queries from some! I approached him for a tilt adapter 2 years ago. Still silent.

Folks like Rongjin (jinfinance) and Hawk Peng are more accessible and offer far better service.

Michiel Schierbeek

Wow! It is good to know that Lolli is contactable and responds to queries from some! I approached him for a tilt adapter 2 years ago. Still silent.

Folks like Rongjin (jinfinance) and Hawk Peng are more accessible and offer far better service.
Well, I never delt with them myself with special questions, but they do construct, or where the first, things others don't.
Can imagine it is a hassle and things get expensive when they have to fabricate things on demand.

Michiel

V

Vivek

There was no response Michiel to even start to discuss payment for any possible services.

That is what makes the far east folks even more appealing- prompt and reasonable.:thumbup:

Godfrey

I had an email conversation with COMA regards mount adaptation at some point in the past couple years. It proceeded at about the same pace as conversing with RJ and Hawk, albeit the euro time zone is 8 hours ahead of me and the Asian time zone is about 10 hours behind me. The result of the time zone juggling is that I would wait more for euro folks to respond between rounds on email, where the asian folks are usually just getting to their desks as I leave my office in the evening.

Michiel Schierbeek

There was no response Michiel to even start to discuss payment for any possible services.

That is what makes the far east folks even more appealing- prompt and reasonable.:thumbup:
Yeah yeah, the Europeans are finished. Lazy and spoiled and they are getting to old too. :p

Michiel

V

Vivek

Have you seen Fawlty Towers -the one with Waldorf salad? :ROTFL:

Agnius

Yeah yeah, the Europeans are finished. Lazy and spoiled and they are getting to old too. :p

Michiel
Why work when you can just live of the dole? ;)

But seriously, I hate my lenses shipped worldwide so I probably won't even bother. "Good enough" is my new mantra in this case. I might also check out Zeiss 21mm f4.5 lens - they claim "original formula with updated coatings".

Any thoughts?

Agnius

Although I was on vacation, my camera was not.

Sea of Cortez near Cabo Pulmo with many happy snorkelers in the water.

Contarex 21mm @f8 and ∞.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dec 31 in Aruba. Very large fire crackers (pagara) exploding in the streets all day long - scaring away the bad stuff from the old year. Kind of frightening if you haven't experienced it before :eek:

Keith

P10 Module

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice!

. . . . You've gotten some stunning shots with the P10. I think if I want a small-sensor zoom camera for those occasional moments when it might prove handy what I should do is just pick up an S10 or P10 camera unit and be done with it.
Thanks Godfrey

I find that I am using my P10 three times more often than my S10 - it might be the range that is my deciding factor. With the kind of stuff I like doing I don't know whether, at any time, it will need near macro or 300mm - so this lens fits well. I don't expect too much IQ and with some PP I'm generally happy. I know this P10 well enough now to forget the camera and think only of the image.

Keith