The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . you have to "blend in" Michiel.

Lovely day for photography here, zero degrees and sunshine - feels like summer. No one at the beach though :)

Keith

GXR A12 28mm

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
This is a tree covered with burlap for the winter, heavily backlit by a low winter sun. Used the green P mode on the GXR A12 28mm, jpeg B & W, got as close as possible and pressed the shutter. I am wedded to this camera (don't tell anyone, though :))

Keith

Agnius

We been having wonderful sunsets here in Santa Monica for the past couple days - smog must be creeping up again!

GXR A12 with Contarex 21mm.

Godfrey

This is a tree covered with burlap for the winter, heavily backlit by a low winter sun. Used the green P mode on the GXR A12 28mm, jpeg B & W, got as close as possible and pressed the shutter. I am wedded to this camera (don't tell anyone, though :))

Keith

Keith, this is marvelous! Really love it.

Agnius and Michiel have also posted more stunning photos. I'm behind ... but I did scan 32 new exposures made with the M4-2 last night. That might put me further behind.. ;-)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey.

Lovely sunset, Agnius.

Here is another from my trip (taken in a Panama lock - we were the at the same height as our neighbor's funnel)

Keith

GXR with P10

"Infrastructure #17"

bbodine9

Keith,

The stack shot is spot on in my view. I am continually amazed at what you are able to produce with the P10 module. It seems like a lot of people brush it off as not worth much but your photos show it is very capable.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith,

The stack shot is spot on in my view. I am continually amazed at what you are able to produce with the P10 module. It seems like a lot of people brush it off as not worth much but your photos show it is very capable.
Thanks bbodine, Godfrey and Michiel

I am very comfortable with the P10. There are a few raving fans on the internet, but I think mostly it get's dismissed, probably without people trying it.
It's definitely better than the Canon G10 that I once had.
We have to remember, Ricoh has to work three times as hard to get its products recognized in North America than other more flashy vendors. Maybe that will soon change.

Keith

Last edited:

Godfrey

...Ricoh has to work three times as hard to get its products recognized in North America than other more flashy vendors. Maybe that will soon change.
Well, it seems the A12 Camera Mounts came into stock at several places and are now sold out again ... if that's any indication.

HansAlbert

Re: Winter Light

Ricoh GXR-M + Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/470 second

thanks for looking. comments appreciated.
The location and the subject matter implicitly present a historic contrast: an orchard in what was called the Valley of Heart's Delight, but what now is better known as Silicon Valley. Thus, the photographer makes us play with ideas about the economic development of the location – with a twinkle in his eye: no highways, no airplanes, no housing sprawl can be detected in the photo, as if it were a fake of the past. That way, we are reminded that every photography shows only a segment of reality and asks the viewer for its integration.
Furthermore, the viewer is invited to look at the photo not, as the fruit-grower probably would look at his orchard, under the concept of usefulness, but with disinterested pleasure, allowing a free play of his imagination. In this aesthetic perspective the winter light takes its part. It defamiliarizes the orchard which is now no longer one impression at a stretch but is separated into an ensemble of individual trees. Against the winter light we see their filigree branchwood, and their structures become dominant. While nature is presented as waiting for new growth, the imagination of the viewer is set free, funny results included. The historic glimpse reappears when we see the filigree branchwood as an analogon to a file tree. The catchphrase 'from orchard to hard drives' would then sum up the subject of the photo.
Edited at 1/12/2012 4:33:13 PM, 1/12/2012 (GMT)

Godfrey

Re: Winter Light

HansAlbert!

How wonderful to see you are on GetDPI! Thank you again for your wonderful commentary, I truly appreciate your comments whenever you offer them.

Agnius

HansAlbert, very poetic description of Godrey's Winter Light series image. Nicely said about a wonderful image!

Agnius

Action at muscle beach in Santa Monica - A12 with Contarex 21mm f8 @∞. The more I shoot that lens, the more I like it. My other glass is getting less and less of a workout.

Godfrey

Love these from Muscle Beach, Agnius! Well done!

21mm is a great focal length for APS-C format. I remember discovering how nice it was when I had the Pentax *ist DS and 21mm Limited ... after a three-week photo trip with four lenses, I found I'd made more than 60% of all the exposures with the 21mm. I could probably sell everything but the 21 and 40 mm lenses for this camera and never feel at a loss.