The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

As far as I'm aware, all the M-Rokkor 90mm lenses were built by Leitz in Germany on the same production line as the Elmar-C 90mm. Mine definitely says "Made In Germany" on it. I don't think they revved the M-Rokkor 90.

My M-Rokkor 40/2 is the second generation one (made for the CLE with multi coating) made by Minolta in Japan and it says "Made in Japan" on it.

G

A little off topic......your M-Rokkor 90mm.......is it the Leitz version or the later CLE? Is there a difference between the two?

Agnius

Godfrey: Thanks for the kind words. I am in my "intense color" phase.
Michiel: Can't complain about the weather - weekend has been unseasonably warm. I am not complaining.
Rich: I like the first one - very industrial. Those dark skies - polarizer?

Rich M

As far as I'm aware, all the M-Rokkor 90mm lenses were built by Leitz in Germany on the same production line as the Elmar-C 90mm. Mine definitely says "Made In Germany" on it. I don't think they revved the M-Rokkor 90.
Thanks Godfrey......

Rich M; These do remind me of the Russian Constructivists.
Photographers like Rodchenko.

Michiel
When I was younger, Rodchenko was not a favorite of mine......everybody was in the "Zone" and those well developed mid-tones. I think I even used to avoid shooting mid-day. How silly. Everything has its place.

R

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Is there a simple way to find one's posts on a long thread like this one? I can't recall if I posted these (I linked on the "no love for the GXR thread).

These were all taken at ƒ8, using the CV 12/5.6, so an 18mm EFOV. They are for a house "stylist" (they furnish houses to improve the sales price and to allow buyers to get a feel for the spaces). Nothing artistic, but these are SOOC apart from a WB; no corrections of any kind.

Laman_Pl_SELECTION - Page 1

I like this camera

Godfrey

A Cup Of Coffee

Sitting in a cafe for my afternoon break, making photos with the Ricoh GXR-M...

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Ultron 28mm f/2

Processed on the iPad 2 with Snapseed and Photogene[/I]​

thanks for looking! comments always appreciated.

Last edited:

Duane Pandorf

I've been participating in a image a day project on another forum for the month of January and this was the image I submitted for the last day as a toast to the others that were also part of the project.

GXR w/A12 28mm module. (Btw, my new M mount arrived a couple days ago and my new to me Leica 40mm F2.0 arrives tomorrow.)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Lovely image, Duane, excellent conversion. This module is the only one that I have not bonded with; but in your hands, it sings.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
And this was the setup; my girlfriend was writing an article on how to use a cat to stretch your hips and the cat was thoughtfully providing the weight!

Only ƒ4, and 1/26th", focus point edge of iPad, and no artistic merit whatsoever, but the flexibility of the 50 module can't be beat, for me.

Definitely not as sharp as the M-module, but the AF works. No sharpening.

http://kitlaughlin.com/bodypress/R1000660.jpg

Godfrey

Nice shot, Duane! (You're going to like the Summicron-C 40mm, I'm sure!)

I go back and forth between the A12 28 and 50 mm camera units. Both work very well, sometimes the 28 is too wide and sometimes the 50 is too tight. But I think I do like shooting with the 50 more of the time. 28mm FoV seems very wide.

Braeside

Can somebody explain how to insert the image itself in the post, rather than a URL? Cheers!
Use the "Insert Image" icon (the yellow rectangle with a Mountain), I think it looks like an envelope with a stamp actually.

So, you click that icon and paste in your URL there.