The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Keith, Thanks. Obviously these were not in Philly.
When I get near clean air and nature, I breathe.
Yes, these are the 28mm.
Don

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Cosina Voigtlander 75 @ ƒ2.8, 1/810", opened up 0.5 EV in Aperture—otherwise, save being resized, SOOC.

I love this ugly duckling!

and a crop, 100%

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
What I find interesting on this thread, is the diversity of style and intent. Yeah, I know it's a photo thread but it is inspired by a single camera. Well, almost a single camera. Godfrey's M9 doesn't count.

I find in exciting to see how users have made the camera adapt to their vision and not the other way around. If you read this thread well, there's no real issues about techie stuff like on other camera threads.
Maybe its just my observations and that's ok cause that's what I do...observe.
Anyway, youse are all much fun to be around...
Don

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Don: "youse"—I thought that was an Australian expression—the great Jeff Fenech once said famously (after becoming world champion in a division of boxing): "I love youse all; I did it for youse!"

Anyway, your sentiments are very welcome. cheers, KL

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Kit, youse funny... oh, youse = you and your cat

Youse is not proper English. I try to kill the Queen's English as much as I can...I'm told I do a fine job at it....
Don

Godfrey

What I find interesting on this thread, is the diversity of style and intent. Yeah, I know it's a photo thread but it is inspired by a single camera. Well, almost a single camera. Godfrey's M9 doesn't count.
LOL! Couldn't agree more. ;-)

It seems in the past few months I've come up with a surfeit of cameras and imaging ideas and a deficit on time to use them. Oh well.

The GXR is quite special. This thread really demonstrates that. It is a polyglot camera capable of being and doing a heck of a lot of different things through its modular design. Can't thank Keith enough for suggesting it to me.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Kieth, can you post an image of that zoom on the GXR, please? I can't imagine it on the GXR; and what mount?

@ Streetshooter; if you'd ever heard Jeff talking, you'd know it's not 'proper' English, but a very enduring and (in his case) endearing expression, just the same. cheers!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey. That picture is a massive crop.

Kit - here is the lens. It is on a MD-LM mount. It balances quite well, and I've been pleased with its performance.

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Keith, thanks for the photo. Looking at the lens on there, I now realize that the size of the new zoomie won't bother me at all.

Duane Pandorf

On the road traveling this week for work. A quick grab from the hotel lobby with the GXR/A12 Mount and Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40 wide open.